Chief of Party :
- Full Time
Established in 1987, Population Services Zimbabwe (PSZ) is an affiliate of MSI Reproductive Choices, and is one of the largest specialised Sexual and Reproductive Health (SRH) organisations in Zimbabwe. PSZ complements the Ministry of Health and Child Care in the provision of quality, and affordable general health and SRH services in all provinces of Zimbabwe.
PSZ is seeking qualified personnel for an anticipated 5-year USAID-funded family planning activity in Zimbabwe.?The goal of the activity is to contribute to the reduction of maternal mortality and morbidity through increased access to comprehensive, voluntary family planning (FP) services to poor and underserved populations in Zimbabwe. PSZ is seeking outstanding candidates for the following positions:
Chief of Party
The COP will be responsible for the overall management and operations of the project and, working closely with the Country Director, will be the key liaison with USAID. They will represent the project to USAID, the government of Zimbabwe, partners, and other stakeholders. They will assume overall management for project finances, staff, and partnerships. They will supervise activity implementation and ensure the program meets stated goals and reporting requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Providing overall leadership, strategic guidance, vision, and management to staff and the overall project team, including staff, consultants, and partner organizations.
• Providing overall technical and administrative leadership to the project implementation team, including development of strategies, budgets, work plans, MEL plans and reporting.
• Serve as the project’s primary point of contact with USAID, other implementing partners, the government of Zimbabwe, and other stakeholders; ensure alignment and harmonization with other programs and stakeholders where appropriate.
• Ensuring interventions reflect high technical quality and are in line with the project’s scope of work.
• Leading and managing staff professional development to build their capacity and strengthening competency and expertise.
• Overseeing budget implementation and financial management.
• Identify areas of risk in a timely manner and work to mitigate their impact by instituting systems that seek to minimize fraud, waste, and abuse.
• Perform other related duties and responsibilities as assigned
Qualifications and Experience
To succeed in this role, you must have:
• A Master’s degree or higher in public health, medicine, management, social sciences or related field.
• Ten (10) years of progressively responsible experience in a senior role leading a complex health service delivery program of similar scope and dollar value ($10 million+), preferably in Zimbabwe, of which at least 5 years as a COP, DCOP, Project Director or similar high-level executive position. Experience managing family planning and reproductive health programs preferred.
• Demonstrated knowledge and experience of USAID planning and reporting systems, operations, programming, structure and sub-award compliance. Experience of working with other major donors is also desirable.
• Ten (10) years’ experience building partnerships with local government, donors, multilateral organizations, academia, private sector, and local community, preferably in Zimbabwe.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills in English, Shona, and Ndebele.
How to Apply
Applications should quote job applied for – “Chief of Party” - in the email subject field, and should include a cover letter and a curriculum vitae with three (3) referees. Closing Date 19 August 2022. Emails should be directed to: ? [email protected]
This application is open only to Zimbabwean nationals or permanent residents with work permits. All positions are contingent upon funding to PSZ and approval by USAID.
Early applications are encouraged as shortlisting and interviews will be on a rolling basis
Only shortlisted applicants being considered for interview will be contacted.
PSZ is an equal opportunity employer promoting gender, equity and diversity. Our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of vulnerable persons and safeguarding employees and communities from sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse. PSZ does not solicit for payments in any form at any stage of the recruitment process.
The successful candidate will undergo relevant background checks and will be required to commit in writing to comply with the MSI safeguarding guidelines.
We provide a wide range of high quality, affordable and client-centred services and information to women, men and young people through a network of 10 centres, more than 60 BlueStar social franchis...