Civil Engineer :
- Full Time
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced personnel to fin the above-mentioned Position within the Technical Services Department The incumbent will report to the Technical Services Manager and will be based at Aspindale Depot
Duties and Responsibilities
• Prepares schedules, quantities and cost estimates for projects for various GMB structures.
• Maintains up to date knowledge of applicable procedures relating to drawing production and management.
• Liaises with procurement section on the procurement of materials for construction.
• Assists in preparation of tender & assists in the adjudication of tender documents.
• Liaises with Mechanical Officer on maintenance and overhaul programmes for plants, equipment and machinery.
• Takes part in committees and meetings relevant to buildings and civil engineering infrastructure activities.
• Supports safety related functions on sites.
• Contributes to managing plans, implementation, installation, testing and commissioning of projects.
• Design work, process orders and provides technical support during construction.
• Supervises and monitors GMB site activities and maintenance programmes for quality of work and conformity in accordance with applicable standards and procedures.
• Manages all drawings, approvals and assists in the presentation of formal design reviews
• Checks and verifies internal documents for supplied materials.
• Produces a monthly report for the planning section
• Adheres to and ensures adherence to Safety, Health and Environmental standard regulations
• Performs any other work related duties as assigned by the superior.
Qualifications and Experience
• Degree/Higher National Diploma in Quantity Surveying/Civil Engineering/Construction Engineering
• At least three (3) years' experience in design and /construction of buildings/concrete works/roads and drainage.
CORE CQMPETENCIE S
• Good Knowledge of design details e.g Codes and Standards.
• Ability to design and revise Technical Reports. Documentation and Project plans.
• High knowledge of Technical Specifications requirements
• Significant practical knowledge of Quantity Surveying for construction and other evil works
• Ability to multi- task.
How to Apply
Applications accompanied with detailed Curriculum Vitae and certified copies of qualifications should be emailed to [email protected]ra.co.zw. Not later than 14 April 2022.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.