Country Programme Manager :
- Full Time
The Country Programme Manager is responsible and accountable for the programme components of CBM Global’s Country Plan. As the leader of the Programme team in country, this is a central and strategic role. Success requires working in close collaboration with partners, Thematic Teams and Member Associations to develop, win support for and ensure effective delivery of a growing portfolio of programme work, across all three vehicles of change detailed in the organisation’s programmatic strategy. S/he will ensure high
standards, in line with our Programme Quality Framework and the development and maintenance of effective and authentic partnerships in line with our Approach to Partnership. S/he will establish strong capacity in project design, proposal development, effective project implementation, monitoring, evaluation and learning within CBM’s Country Office and partners.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. As a member of the Country Programme Senior Management Team, support the Country Director with the overall leadership of the Country Programme.
2. Provide programmatic leadership in the development and implementation of the Country Plan.
3. Lead the Programmes team within the country Team. Clearly articulate a compelling vision and direction for the team. Inspire and direct the team towards achieving this vision. Build team performance through management, coaching and mentoring.
4. Build and maintain authentic partnerships with stakeholders, in particular with the disability movement, ensuring our work reflects and is responsive to the needs of people with disabilities. Foster a model and approach to partnership that aligns with and supports our partnership principles.
5. Working with partners, Thematic Teams and Member Associations, lead the development of a coherent portfolio of programme work, across all vehicles of change detailed in CBM Global’s programmatic strategy. Champion an approach that embraces CBM Global’s operating model; programme quality framework; and partnership with the disability movement.
6. Identify funding opportunities for CBM Global’s work. Actively support fundraising and cost recovery and raise funds from in-country sources.
7. Work with and support partners to ensure effective and timely delivery of projects in line with required standards, objectives, activity plans and budgets. Ensure project reporting requirements are met in line with CBM Global and donor requirements, standards and timelines.
8. Foster a culture of learning and accountability by promoting the inclusion of good monitoring, evaluation, feedback and learning practices within projects. Support learning dissemination, and documentation of good practice cases.
9. Support the Finance Manager to ensure that programme and financial aspects of project design, budgeting and implementation go together.
10. Monitor in-country calls for proposals from institutional donors and support the Country Director in building focused relationships with representatives of such donors and other NGOs with whom CBM Global can collaborate.
11. Advocate, champion and model disability inclusion to promote inclusion of people with disabilities in their communities and in all aspects of society.
12. Ensure that all children and adults who come into contact with CBM’s programmes, are safeguarded to the greatest extent possible. Comply with all aspects of the CBM Global Safeguarding policy and associated standards and procedures.
Qualifications and Experience
All of the following requirements are essential, unless marked with a * when they are desirable.
• Professional experience in a national or international NGO with a minimum of 3 years at senior level, with a track record in successfully designing and managing large-scale programmes.
• Experience and a track record in developing and managing large scale inclusive development and/or humanitarian programmes in collaboration with national partners, including consortium led projects. Experience of programmes related to inclusive eye health is desirable.
• Experience and a track record of identifying fundraising opportunities; successfully securing grants from donor organisations and of building productive relationships with donors.
• Proven experience in results-based management and project cycle management, including assessment, monitoring and evaluation, with a sound understanding of budgeting and programme finance management.
• Demonstrated experience in managing internal and external relationships and partnerships particularly with national / local governments.
• Experience in working with various government/bi-lateral/major institutional donors.
• Skilled in building collaborative relationships with partners and stakeholders, internal and external.
• Outstanding interpersonal, relationship building and employee coaching skills.
• A self-starter. Proactive, resourceful and entrepreneurial.
• Diligent, persistent with a can-do, positive attitude.
• Ability to demonstrate focus and decisiveness.
• Passionate about effecting change at a global level for and alongside people with disabilities and their communities, with a deep commitment to the vision of CBM Global and sympathetic to our Christian values.
• English (professional proficiency), and local language (professional proficiency as relevant).
• Lived experience of disability and knowledge of disability issues an advantage.*
• Relevant university degree in social sciences, international development or
related field, or equivalent experience.
How to Apply
1. You must have the right to work in Zimbabwe. We are only able to accept candidates who meet this criteria.
2. Please fill out the attached Application Form. There is space on the Application Form to include a cover letter. Please make sure that you provide specific examples where you meet the essential criteria outlined in the Person Specification, either here or on your CV.
3. Send along with your Curriculum Vitae (no more than two pages) to [email protected] by the closing date.
4. Informal enquiries are also welcome to the above email address.
5. In the subject header of your email it would be helpful if you could add the role title for which you are applying.
Closing date: Monday 15 November
View more information