Cassava Smartech is looking for a competent Credit Control Officer to join its Finance team. The main purpose of the role is to manage specific debtors portfolio of post-paid accounts on the age analysis by facilitating a high level of cash-flow and minimize levels of overdue debt and bad write offs.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Managing the company’s debt portfolio through collections.
• Reconciliation of customer accounts.
• Taking appropriate actions to reduce risk of bad debt exposure
• Prepare premium/cover confirmations as and when requested
• Resolving internal and external customer queries and managing relations in a professional manner.
• Contact customers in an effort to collect debt, inform or resolve queries.
• Recommend for write-off debtors which cannot be handed over because of various approved reasons.
• Attend to unidentified bank deposits transactions
• Production of weekly and monthly debtor’s reports including debtor’s performance and collections
• Staff deductions Schedules processing
• Preparing handover schedules and account statements submitted to legal (for onward submission to collection agencies and attorneys for legal action).
• Attending to queries raised by debt collectors/Lawyers on handed over accounts
• Perform any other relevant duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Qualifications and Experience
Qualification, Skills and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
• 1 to 2 years’ experience in a similar field or related environment
• Analytical, conceptual and problem-solving skills
• Interpersonal skills demonstrated by the ability to interact at all levels within the organisation and with external parties.
How to Apply
Click Here To Apply
View more information