Cassava Smartech is looking for a versatile and dynamic Data Engineer to join its Technical team. The main purpose of the position is to transform data into a format that can be easily analysed by developing, maintaining, and testing infrastructures for data ingestion and generation. The Data engineer will work closely with data scientists and will largely oversee architecting solutions for data scientists that enable them to execute their tasks optimally.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Designs, builds and launches new data extraction, transformation and loading processes.
• Assesses the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources and data gathering techniques.
• Interface with engineers, product managers and data analysts to understand data needs and to solve problems
• Identifies data scrubbing and enrichment projects, determines the requirements for these projects, agree on solutions and test outcomes.
• Partner with Data science, Product and Engineering teams and identify trends and new opportunities.
• Ensure business profitability by maintaining optimal use of cloud and on-premise server resources.
• Defines and manage SLA for all data sets in allocated areas of ownership.
• Ensure data security, anonymity and integrity in adherence to regulations e.g. POPI, GDPR
• Adopt self-driven continuous learning processes to ensure ongoing skills development
Qualifications and Experience
Qualification, Skills and Experience
• A Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Mathematics or equivalent.
• At least 2 years' experience in a similar or related environment.
• Experience in Big Data scrubbing and enrichment methodologies.
• Working knowledge of Apache Spark, Kafka, Python/R/Java
• Extensive knowledge of Fintech and Telecoms development.
• Honesty & integrity is a must.
How to Apply
Click Here To Apply
View more information