Cassava Smartech is looking for a competent, versatile, and dynamic Database Administrator to join its Infrastructure and Service Delivery team. The role exists to design, configure, install, upgrade, administer and maintain the organization’s databases in line with set performance standards.
Duties and Responsibilities
Sets up operating systems environments for database Installations.
Installs and configures relevant databases and network components to ensure database access as well as database consistency and integrity.
Conducts database maintenance by indexing, compressing, trimming of logs for all databases in line with maintenance procedure
Administers database user accounts and assigns privileges according to user duties in line user access matrix.
Optimizes and configures databases to meet required performance.
Tests databases backups and recovery procedures adhering to policy.
Conducts databases tests restorations monthly according to policy.
Verifies daily databases backups and disaster recovery site system availability.
Tests and installs database patches to production environments in line with patch management and change management policies.
Implements projects within or outside the data center, or where database systems are concerned.
Qualifications and Experience
Qualification, Skills and Experience
• A degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or equivalent.
• Professional Certification in a Database Management System(s) is required.
• Professional Certification on Servers, Storage and Operating Systems such as Linux, Windows, Sun Solaris is an added advantage
• A relevant vocational qualification or Oracle Certification is an added advantage.
• 4 years’ experience in Database Systems Administration or in a similar environment.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should visit our recruitment portal, register, and apply by the 20th of September 2021, on the link below :
View more information