In as much as we take effort and due diligence to confirm the authenticity of the vacancies we post here for jobs in , at this moment, our methods are not fool proof. We urge you not to pay any money for any job offers. iHarare Jobs take no responsibility for any loss of financial value. Please be cautious!
About the role
Crown Agents is recruiting for a Deputy Team Leader for an anticipated countrywide Results Based Financing (RBF) in Health multi?donor funded project, managed by UNICEF, to support the Ministry of Health and Child Care (MoHCC) in Zimbabwe to “achieve the highest possible level of health and quality of life for all Zimbabweans”.
Scope of Work
The Deputy Team Leader is responsible for supporting the Team Leader in all day-to-day activities and will be the point of contact for any issues when the Team Leader is not available. S/he will provide a mixture of managerial and strategic advice, project oversight and technical inputs to the project. The Deputy Team Leader will provide management and appraisal of core HDF-RBF Operations team, M&E team, and project financial management team, including building a strong and supportive team environment. S/he will ensure funds are regularly and accurately disbursed to eligible facilities, and documented, in line with agreed policies and procedures, and will lead on effective budget management and administration.
The Deputy Team Leader will be expected to travel out of Harare periodically to oversee implementation and provide on-site technical and management support, supervision, and quality control.
The Deputy Team Leader will:
· Support the Team Leader in the day-to-day management and coordination of the project activities
· Work in close consultation and cooperation with the Project Team Leader, Regional Coordinators, in line with the RBF Project Operational Procedures Manual and National RBF Programme Implementation Manual
· Work directly with identified counterparts creating all possible opportunities to coach and train officials in HDF-RBF processes, procedures and to undertake Project related activities which improve health outcomes
· Ensur the timely collection and collation of program and finacial data required for M&E, audit and reporting on HDF-RBF activities
· Support an effective working relationship with UNICEF, MoHCC, critical stakeholders and project consultants when the Team Leader is not in country
· Supporting the Team Leader in development, quality assurance and submission of project milestones in a timely and cost effective manner, including monthly updates:
§ Quarterly narrative reports and fund utilisation reports
§ Annual reports as appropriate
· Providing technical support and supervision assistance
· Capacity building support as required, particularly in the areas of financial management and health service administration
· Local Purchasing Tasks – supporting effective results based financing contracts with all contracted rural health centres (RHCs) and rural hospitals and procuring and contracting Community Based Organisations to perform patient satisfaction surveys.
· Data Verification and Monitoring – supporting the second level verification of all RBF data every quarter and and approving all invoices.
· RBF Disbursements: Leading and managing the timely disbursement of funds to RBF facilities and ensuring timely acquitals
· Supporting the Team Leader in preparing and reporting to the National Programme Steering Ccommittees as scheduled
· Work diplomatically, sensitively, flexibly and reactively in a changing political and policy environment
· Facilitate cross Government work with key stakeholders, as required
· Be receptive to the Government of Zimbabwe’s, and especially the MoHCC’s, policy objectives and needs
· Develop a motivated, effective and efficient team.
· Masters level degree, preference in Health Economics, Health Financing or Public Health.
· 7+ years programme leadership experience
· Demonstrated experience in grant management and oversight of program operations.
· Experience managing a result-based financing or similar type of programme at large scale
· Strong team leadership, risk management, and organisational and management skills;
· A demonstrated understanding of public health issues in Zimbabwe
· Demonstrated ability to develop constructive and supportive working relationship with colleagues and to work effectively with senior government and non-government stakeholders;
· High level policy and analytical skills;
· Ability to analyze, plan and develop appropriate responses to complex situations
You’ll be working with Crown Agents which is a high impact social enterprise passionate about transforming the future for millions of people. Since our creation in 1833 we have worked across the globe to improve public services and drive economic growth. Our expertise is finding new solutions to difficult problems for clients in the areas of health, governance, economic growth, humanitarian action and supply chain services. We work with and train leaders at local, national and international level to achieve lasting change drawing on our insight and experience.
Crown Agents is committed to diversity and will promote diversity for all candidates at all times as well as a business culture that reflects that belief. Crown Agents will treat everyone equally irrespective of race, religion, colour, sex, age, national origin, disability or sexual orientation, and places an obligation upon all staff to respect and act in accordance with the policy. Crown Agents shall not discriminate unlawfully when deciding which candidates are selected for interview, or in any terms of employment, and will ensure that each candidate is assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the role. Crown Agents is committed to being an organisation enhanced by diversity and encourages applications from anyone who shares our values and commitment to improving the lives of communities affected by poverty or conflict.
About what's on offer
· Competitive benefits package
· Pro rata, annual bonus, subject to performance
To apply click here