District COVID-19 Coordinator :
- Full Time
JF Kapnek a registered PVO 1/86 which has been operating in Zimbabwe since 1986 whose mission is to improve family health, reduce child mortality and create educational opportunities for the children of Zimbabwe through the implementation of scalable, sustainable programs is seeking to fill the vacancies below:
1. Job Title : District COVID-19 Coordinator
Reporting to : District Program Coordinator
Location : Mwenezi
Reporting to the Provincial Coordinator -COVID19, the District COVID-19 Coordinator is responsible for all district level COVID-19 management, implementation, and monitoring activities in line with the COVID-Go program. The District COVID-19 Coordinator will work with the respective District Health Executives to scale-up COVID-19 vaccination, as well as
coordinating and monitoring COVID-19 trainings (IPC, Case Management, Surveillance, Vaccination, Mental Health, and continuity of other essential services)
Duties and Responsibilities
Coordinate implementation of District COVID-19 activities
• Participate in strategic DHE meetings to share program updates, progress on implementation plans and challenges that need the DHE’s attention
• Participate in District level COVID-19 Case Management review meetings
• Work with the DHE in conducting COVID-19 related assessments and supportive supervision of COVID-19 programs
• Organize training of health facility staff in COVID-19 Infection Prevention and Control
(IPC), COVID-19 Case Management, Case Audits and COVID-19 Vaccination in liaison with the DHE
• Organize training for community health workers in Risk Communication and Community Engagement (RCCE), including Contact Tracing, in liaison with the DHE
• Submit timely, accurate and quality reports on all district coordination activities performed
Manage the program COVID-19 resources for the organization within the supported districts
• Oversee the use of organizational resources within the COVID-19 program in line with
JF Kapnek’s policies, the grant agreement, and in compliance with the USAID rules and regulations as applicable
• Manage data-driven recruitment, orientation, deployment, and performance management of all HRH resources, e.g., Locum Nurses for COVID-19 Vaccination activities
• Submit timely requests and acquittals for resources in line with financial management policies and other relevant SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures) to support program implementation
• Support the timely submission of all administrative documents and reports (vehicle logbooks, asset verification checklists, petty cash certificates etc.) in line with relevant SOPs
Support the acceleration of COVID-19 vaccine administration
• In liaison with the district health executive, map and plan integrated COVID-19 vaccination outreaches
• Provide support on supply chain management of equipment for COVID-19 screening, and maintaining social distancing among clients attending vaccination points, as well as
adequate IPC and waste management supplies (including sharps bins, detergent, hand sanitizer) at all times
• Support districts in reporting and documentation of Adverse Events (AE) Following COVID-19 vaccination according to MOHCC guidelines
• Work with SIE and DHIOs on provision of M&E tools for reporting COVID-19 Vaccination activities including vaccine cards to record client vaccinations in supported districts
• Support MoHCC at the district level in COVID-19 vaccine commodity management to ensure availability of vaccines for planned integrated outreach activities.
Strengthen COVID contact tracing
• Support the district to intensify COVID-19 contact tracing
• Support JF Kapnek’s Community Health Workers in the provision of tele-support to clients in self-isolation.
Facilitate mental health services for health care workers
• Support the dissemination of Mental Health materials to health workers in supported districts through sharing of self-care apps, and referring health workers to relevant mental health support services
• Facilitate training and mentorship on mental health support working with the DHE
• Coordinate, working with other partners, to facilitate psychosocial support for clients diagnosed with COVID19
Qualifications and Experience
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
• Diploma/Degree in Nursing, Diploma/Degree in Environmental Health, Public Health, Health Promotion or equivalent qualification
• Current registration with relevant professional bodies (e.g., Nurses Council of Zimbabwe, Environmental Health Professions Council)
• Post-basic qualification in community health, project management, health services
administration or similar will be an added advantage
• At least 3 years' experience working in Emergency preparedness and response
• An understanding of the MOHCC structures and pillars in COVID19 response and other epidemic prone diseases is essential
• Proficiency in MS Office suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project Planning, Outlook), and online collaboration technologies
• Ability to work independently and as a team player.
• Good communicator who has sound interpersonal skills with the ability to establish and maintain relationships.
• Well organised and able to prioritize work and understanding his/her work outputs.
How to Apply
How to apply
Submit your application via this link
JF Kapnek Trust has zero tolerance towards Sexual Harassment and is committed to the upholding of children’s rights. The successful candidate will be required to commit to child
protection/safeguarding and to be bound by the JF Kapnek Child Protection Policy. JF Kapnek does not charge any fees during its entire recruitment process.
Deadline: 28 June 2022. Applications will be considered as they are received
View more information
J.F. Kapnek Trust Jobs | Vacancies The JF Kapnek Trust works to improve family health, reduce child mortality and create educational opportunity for the children of Zimbabwe through the impleme...