ECD Project Officer Health and Nutrition :
- Full Time
JF Kapnek a registered PVO 1/86 which has been operating in Zimbabwe since 1986 whose mission is to improve family health, reduce child mortality and create educational opportunities for the children of Zimbabwe through the implementation of scalable, sustainable programs is seeking to fill the vacancies below:
Job Title : ECD Project Officer Health and Nutrition
Reporting to : ECD Coordinator
Location : Harare with travel to areas of operation
The ECD Officer is responsible for the day-to-day management and smooth running of the Health and Nutrition aspects of the ECD program in line with national and JF Kapnek protocols and with project proposals. In addition the incumbent will facilitate engagement of parents to support ECD activities through positive parenting sessions.
Duties and Responsibilities
• The ECD Officer will be responsible for implementing the health assessment, nutrition, and parenting education projects in Chegutu, Zvimba and Mhondoro-Ngezi
• Support the school feeding program and ensure minimum standards are met in commodity accountability, hygiene, storage facilities, and preparation and serving of CSB porridge.
• Assist in the determination of ration sizes for ECD children in different contexts
• In collaboration with M and E, assist in data collection for determination of education performance indicators
• Oversee implementation of project activities in nutrition, which aims to lower under-5 mortality rates in Mashonaland West through community-based identification, and treatment of Severe Acute Malnutrition (SAM).
• Be involved in training and assisting local Government staff to ensure the best possible health care services are delivered to children. S/he will work in constant collaboration with the JF Kapnek Trust Staff, Health Facility Staff, District/Province Health Department, other local authorities and community members in order to share health issues so as to improve/promote the health of the community
Qualifications and Experience
• Degree/Diploma in Nutrition/Public Health, Social work and other related qualifications
• Working experience of at 2 years in community development, ECD, primary health or parenting interventions
• Working experience in school feeding programmes a distinct advantage
• Should be computer literate (Microsoft word and excel).
• Ability to work in a remote area
• Should be a team player
• Should have good communication skills
• Should be flexible
How to Apply
How to apply
Submit your CV and application letter via email to: [email protected] clearly indicating the position you are applying for on the subject line.
JF Kapnek Trust has zero tolerance towards Sexual Harassment and is committed to the upholding of children’s rights. The successful candidate will be required to commit to child protection/safeguarding and to be bound by the JF Kapnek Child Protection Policy. JF Kapnek does not charge any fees during its entire recruitment process.
Deadline: 10 October 2021. Applications will be considered as they are received.