In as much as we take effort and due diligence to confirm the authenticity of the vacancies we post here for jobs in , at this moment, our methods are not fool proof. We urge you not to pay any money for any job offers. iHarare Jobs take no responsibility for any loss of financial value. Please be cautious!
As a subsidiary of the world’s global leader in innovative and sustainable building materials; Holcim, Lafarge Cement Zimbabwe is reinventing the way Zimbabwe builds. Leveraging on the 70,000- strong global team spread across 70 markets and four industry segments, we are committed to shaping a greener, smarter and healthier world.
As we continue to look for more sustainable ways to build, we need world class talent to join our team. People who are passionate about sustainability, driven by curiosity and keen to grow, learn, develop and thrive in our high performance culture
Key Accountabilities :
The Electrician will be responsible for the following:
· Implements the Health and Safety Management System (HSMS) actions / tasks.
· Implements the applicable Environmental Management System (EMS) actions/tasks.
· Receives training on the HSMS, EMS and all applicable statutory instruments.
· Uses availed risk assessments for all activities in his/her Section and ensures that all works commence after a formal risk assessment is carried out from the place of work.
· Implements the lockout tag out try out (LOTOTO) procedure and other Lafarge safety requirements.
· Closes out all actions identified through VPCs, near miss reports, RCAs, HSE audits and inspections as assigned by the Electrical Supervisor.
· Actively engages employees, Contractors, cross functional teams, visitors and other stakeholders of SHE issues through site inspections.
· Maintains all electrical installations in good working order to protect the equipment and humans.
· Assists Electrical Supervisor in identifying and closing gaps on electrical installations to prevent SHE incidents before occurrence
· Maintains all electrical installations in line with group guidelines, applicable statutory instruments.
· Implements standard operating procedures (SOPs) and work instructions for all routine works in his/her Section.
· Implements job plans for all works in his/her Section.
· Supervises SHE related issues for all sub-contracted works in his/her Section.
· Implements the operational controls, work instructions and procedures put in place to manage the negative environmental aspects inherent to works in his/her Section.
· Records the electrical power consumption readings in the Plant.
· Proposes actions to reduce electrical energy consumption in the Plant.
· Assists Electrical Supervisor to control the negative environmental aspects inherent to works in his/her Section. These include but are not limited to the proper disposal of fluorescent light bulbs and usage of electricity.
· Carries out housekeeping to ensure good level of housekeeping is maintained at all times
Contract Duration :
The contract will be a permanent contract
Electrician should have the following qualifications:
· Holder of a National Certificate in Electrical Engineering or its equivalent.
· Minimum 3 years’ experience in cement or heavy manufacturing industry.
Key Competencies :
The electrician needs also possess the following:
· Computer literacy
· Class 1 Tested
· Basic understanding of the Factories and Works Act and Labor Act
· Good interpersonal skills
· Team player
Individuals who meet the basic requirements and are interested in this challenging career opportunity should send applications to [email protected] or download the LHRecruit app from google play store and apply for the vacancies by 15 July 2021.