The Zimbabwe Open University (ZOU) is the largest and comprehensive Open & Distance e-Learning (ODeL) university in Zimbabwe that offers lifelong learning in an affordable and flexible manner.
Suitably qualified, experienced and motivated candidates are invited to apply for the following vacant position that has arisen in the Zimbabwe Open University.
WOMEN CANDIDATES AND THE DIFFERENTLY-ABLED PERSONS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Running the University Farm purely on commercial lines;
• Articulating finance and production plans to ensure farm progress whilst operating within the allocated budget;
• Supervising practical activities such as the use of agricultural machinery, feeding livestock, spraying fields;
• Continuous improvement and monitoring of quality of yield for both crops and livestock;
• Purchasing farm supplies such as fertilizers, chemicals and seeds;
• Arranging for the maintenance and repair of farm buildings as well as machinery and equipment;
• Mentoring staff and monitoring their performance;
• Marketing produce from the farm;
• Monitoring animal health and welfare, including liaising with the department of Veterinary Services;
• Attending to any pest and disease outbreak at the farm and ensuring these do not spread;
• Applying health and safety standards across the farm estate;
• Protecting the environment and maintaining biodiversity;
• Keeping up to date financial records;
• Understanding the implication of the weather and making contingency plans;
• Ensuring that the farm activities comply with Government regulations; and
• Performing any other duties as assigned by the Pro-Vice Chancellor, Research, Innovation and Enterprise Development.
Qualifications and Experience
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor of Science Degree in Agricultural Management, Animal Science or equivalent;
• Diploma in Agriculture; and
• Two (2) years relevant working experience as a Farm Manager or Administrator.
How to Apply
CANDIDATES WHO DO NOT HAVE THE STIPULATED REQUIREMENTS NEED NOT APPLY.
Interested and qualified persons should submit their applications consisting of the following documents: application letter, certified educational and professional certificates as well as transcripts and curriculum vitae with contact details (telephone numbers and e-mail addresses) of at least three
(3) referees as follows;
• in PDF format as a single document to: [email protected]
Applications should be received not later than 5 September 2021.