In as much as we take effort and due diligence to confirm the authenticity of the vacancies we post here for jobs in , at this moment, our methods are not fool proof. We urge you not to pay any money for any job offers. iHarare Jobs take no responsibility for any loss of financial value. Please be cautious!
Established in 1987, Population Services Zimbabwe (PSZ) an affiliate of Marie Stopes International Reproductive Choices (MSI), is one of the largest organisations in Zimbabwe focusing on providing quality sexual and reproductive health (SRH)/ family planning services. In its service provision, PSZ compliments the Ministry of Health and Child Care and collaborates with other stakeholders to provide modern and affordable products and services through various service delivery channels which include the Public Sector, Commercial Sales, Outreach services as well as Static Clinics.
Reporting to: The Country Director
The core responsibility of the Finance Director is to provide strategic financial management and leadership while ensuring compliance with accounting, legal, global and donor requirements.
• Formulate and implement short and long term financial policies, strategies and plans that will aid the development of the annual business plans and monthly action plans.
• Develop, recommend and implement innovative ways to increase revenue and reduce costs in order to increase sustainability.
Provide ideas and influence to expand our social business, both private and public sector inititatives and drive improvement of key efficiency areas
• Oversee timeous and accurate financial reporting by defining and tracking financial indicators that will improve the cost efficency of PSZ Operations and advise the SLT of the impact on each channel.
• Formulate measures to mitigate financial risk in the Group on an ongoing basis.
• Develop and implement effective internal financial controls and serve as the focal person liaising with internal audit and external auditors.
• Oversee a cash flow management and forecasting system whereby adequate funds are available for programme needs and following up and ensuring strict expenditure control and a strong understanding of programme requirements.
• Responsible for stock management: overseeing forecasting, usage, reconciliation and restocking and ensuring timely presentation of accurate monthly and annual reports.
• Ensure that all statutory requirements are met on time.
• Lead and manage members of the finance team to build their capacity and strengthen competency and professional development.
Qualifications And Experience
You must be a self-starter who is able work with minimum supervision and must have:
• A first degree in Finance or Accounting and a recognised professional qualification e.g. CA/ACCA or equivalent and a Masters degree in Business Administration or Finance
• At least five years’ experience in a leadership role in the Not-For-Profit sector.
• Experience in formulating finance policies and implementing strategies.
• Knowledge of financial management systems, an appreciation of Sun Systems is desirable.
• Hands-on experience working with stock management systems and processes.
• Knowledge of donor requirements for budgeting and reporting is essential.
• Experience of working with colleagues in geographically separate locations.
• Excellent report writing skills.
• Have strong interpersonal skills and should be able to communicate at all levels.
Application Process Applications should clearly state the position applied for and should include a cover letter and a curriculum vitae with three (3) referees. Applications should be received by 5pm Friday 23 July 2021 and should be directed to: The Country Director E-mail: [email protected] PSZ does not charge any fee at any stage of the recruitment process. In line with the MSI Diversity, Equality and Inclusion guidelines, women are strongly encouraged to apply PSZ subscribes to the Marie Stopes International Reproductive Choices Safeguarding Policy. The successful candidates will undergo background checks and will be required to commit in writing to comply with the guidelines of this policy.