In as much as we take effort and due diligence to confirm the authenticity of the vacancies we post here for jobs in , at this moment, our methods are not fool proof. We urge you not to pay any money for any job offers. iHarare Jobs take no responsibility for any loss of financial value. Please be cautious!
- Participate in Programme design and proposal writing;
- Take lead in Partner Budget Application Process – Mentorship/inducting of partners on; budget development and review; compile budget summaries; Uploading approved budgets into Global Online; making necessary revisions as may be required; providing budget Notifications to Program Team for sharing with partners;
- Provide partner training or capacity building as required including inducting partners on CBM contractual obligations, procedures and requirements including reporting templates, statutory requirements;
- Contribute as a member of Team of Competency in Partner Assessments, compliance checks as required.
- Take lead in strengthening partner capacity in internal control systems and processes to ensure that financial resources as used by partners are in compliance with CBM financial policies, standards and procedures, and with specific donor requirements and contracts and provide training/coaching as needed;
- Review and upload final version of reports and relevant project documents in a timely manner as per CBM reporting schedule;
- Critically analyse partners’ financial reports for compliance against approved budgets; (e.g. CBM Project Financial Checklists, consolidated reports for consortia partners);
- Maintain status of all project reports and other financial reports received, reviewed and imported in Global On Line(GOL) or shared with Member Associations) MAs as per CBM reporting schedule;
- Carry out GOL import and export transactions such as request of funds, partner profiles, and project cards, quarterly reports received, etc.;
- Review and reconcile partner year-end reports with FPR(Financial Progress Report) and audit reports within given deadlines including follow up on issues raised in the management letter;
- Jointly with program team conduct partner field visits perform tasks such as inducting partners on CBM finance requirements and procedures, spot checks on finance management, internal controls in place and progress on capacity improvement recommendations;
- Review designated quarterly finance/narrative reports, year-end closing reports paying special attention to completeness, adherence to CBM format, burn rate within the approved budget, and supporting documentation.
- Support tracking and monitoring of partner’s budget implementation rate (BIR) in relation to funding transfer rate and ensuring partners receive project funds on time;
- In liaison with Program Team, prepare partner savings/unspent funds for approval before lapsing, re-allocation, re-designation, and/or re-utilization;
- Support in the continuous updates and follow-ups of partners issues log identified during field monitoring, compliance visits, and audits;
Financial Support – Office Accounts:
- Support to ZCO(Zimbabwe Country Office) accounts management – (Sage Voucher Management), Petty cash Processing, Travel claim Processing, Online Payments and generation and sharing of monthly ZCO budget monitoring reports;
- Maintain ZCO cashbooks;
- Maintain petty cash boxes for cash payments or refunds of petty cash, and travel claims and advances, prepare cash reconciliations for the cash verification exercise;
- Process imprest requests, ensuring the documents are correct, within the agreed budget, and supported with the required documentation before submitting for approval;
- Carry out regular invoicing, writing of cheques, preparing online payments, and follow-up on all debtors;
- Safekeeping of all checkbooks, receipt books, and cash vouchers;
- Support in tracking and providing needed reports for ZCO budget transfer and implementation rates, on request;
- Respond to partner and staff inquiries, maintain good customer relations and solve problems within scope of work;
- Support budget management ensuring all expenditure is within approved and available budget;
- Stay current with all regulations, practices, tax laws, reporting requirements, and industry trends, and advice the line manager of the same.
- In addition to the responsibilities outlined above, the incumbent will upon instruction by his / her superior (s), perform ad hoc activities which are either by their nature related to his / her normal duties or evolve from operational requirements;
- Comply with all safety and health procedures and requirements at CBM and, at all times ensure your own safety and health and that of other persons who may be affected by your acts or omissions at CBM;
- Carry out role-specific responsibility to safeguard children and adults at risk (as guided by CBM’s respective policies) in programs and enforce this with any colleagues and partners;
- Ensure that all activities conducted within the scope of work or as an employee with CBM comply with the IT and data protection principles;
OBLIGATIONS OF CONFIDENTIALITY
- The job incumbent must not use or exploit any Confidential Information in any way except for the Purpose;
- The job incumbent must not disclose or make available the Confidential Information in whole or in part to any third party, except as expressly permitted by this Agreement; and
- The job incumbent applies the same security measures and degree of care to the Confidential Information as applies to its own confidential information, which the job incumbent warrants as providing adequate protection from unauthorized disclosure, copying, or use.
- Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned by Management.
Desired qualifications skills and competencies
Education, Knowledge & Professional Experience
- Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration and Management, or Project management;
- Professional qualifications in accounting (CA-Z, ACCA, CIMA) is an added advantage;
- At least 5 year’s work experience in a similar field, particularly with international NGOs or international development organizations is preferred;
- Working knowledge of program/budget cycle management, procedures, and donor requirements is an added advantage;
- Ability to maintain accounting systems that handle large amounts of information;
- Effective communication skills- verbal and written;
- An effective team player who is also able to work independently;
- Ability to integrate into a multi-cultural environment;
- Ability and willingness to learn, and to pass on information;
- Ability to take initiative, multi-task, prioritize work and meet deadlines;
- Willingness to adhere and commit to CBM’s Values and Child Protection Policy.
- Written and Oral communication in English
- Local/regional language (professional proficiency advantageous)
- Advanced skills with MS Office particularly Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Familiar with Accounting packages – SAGE, PASTEL, etc.
- Organizational competencies
- Quality of Work
- Quantity of Work
- Fostering Teamwork
- Attention to Communication
- Customer / Service Orientation
- Results Orientation
- Personal credibility
- Technical expertise
Submit your Curriculum Vitae and application letter via email to submit your Curriculum Vitae and application letter via email to [email protected] clearly indicating “Zimbabwe Finance Officer ’’ on the subject of the email. Indicate the expected salary in the application letter. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Closing Date: 15 October 2021