Health Economist Consultant :
- Part Time
Who We Are?
With over 20 years of experience, PSI/Zimbabwe now registered as Population Solutions for Health (PSH) is looking for a consultant who is available for a short Consultancy for the period October 15 – 31, 2021.- Proven track record doing similar Consultancy work is a prerequisite.
Background: The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation has funded a 3-year, 7 months INTEGRATE project which seeks to strengthen sub-national health system performance in transitioning to a more sustainable Voluntary Medical Male Circumcision (VMMC) maintenance phase and to integrate VMMC into the health system and with HIV biomedical prevention more broadly. Population Solutions for Health (PSH), working with Population Services International (PSI), Genesis Analytics and Ministry of Health and Child Care VMMC Program intends to support operations research in the VMMC program through economic evaluations. Two operations research protocols are being developed, viz. Costing and cost-effectiveness of the Shang Ring device for Voluntary Male Medical Circumcision in 13- to 16-year-old boys and An economic evaluation of the Results Based Financing mechanism for Voluntary Male Medical Circumcision. The team is looking at expanding expertise in economic evaluations to allow for a thorough review of method statements and other protocol documents that are being put together. It is against this background that PSH is proposing to hire a Health Economist for Short-Term Technical Assistance (STTA) for a period of 14 days in October 2021.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Leads the Development of a theory of change for VMMC Results Based Financing (RBF) evaluation .
• Provides guidance to PSH and partners on the economic evaluation research methodologies and assessment protocols for VMMC RBF.
• Conduct literature reviews on relevant health economic evaluations.
• Gives guidance for the design and execution of economic evaluation of proposed health interventions.
Expected Deliverables TO PSH
1. Theory of Change on VMMC RBF
2. Revised Operations Research Protocols
Qualifications and Experience
What Are We Looking For?
• Degree in Public Health or any other relevant field.
• Master’s degree in Health Economics.
• Five years relevant working experience as a Health Economist.
• Solid background and understanding of RBF evaluation studies.
• Solid analytical foundation and knowledge of a variety of economic evaluation methods (e.g., realistic evaluations, cost-effectiveness analysis, budget impact assessments, regressions, modelling, etc.)
• Experience with review of costing for HIV prevention interventions.
• Ability to meet deadlines.
How to Apply
How to apply?
In return, PSH offers competitive remuneration, commensurate with qualifications and experience. PSH is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of gender identity or expression, race, religion, national origin or disability.
All interested candidates are encouraged to submit their updated CVs to [email protected] not later than October 14, 2021.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted, applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until vacancy is closed.