In as much as we take effort and due diligence to confirm the authenticity of the vacancies we post here for jobs in , at this moment, our methods are not fool proof. We urge you not to pay any money for any job offers. iHarare Jobs take no responsibility for any loss of financial value. Please be cautious!
World Vision is a global Christian relief, development and advocacy organization dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. We are a community of close to 40,000 staff working across the world to help change the lives of vulnerable children. Our supporters, partners and staff join forces with communities on the ground to help children enjoy good health, be educated for life, experience the love of God and their neighbors and be cared for, protected and participating in addressing issues that affect their lives.
World Vision has been active in Zimbabwe since 1973. Our operations are spread across 9 out of 10 provinces, with a majority of over 1.75 million beneficiaries in rural areas. Our current programs focus on improving the well-being of boys and girls in three priority sectors: health and nutrition, livelihoods and education. We also focus on child protection, gender and disabilities, emergency assistance and resilience building as cross cutting priorities across our programs. If you share the same vision, JOIN US and contribute to life in all its fullness for the children and communities we serve.
Position Title: Information, Communication and Technology (ICT) Team Lead
Location: National Office (Harare)
PURPOSE OF POSITION
The World Vision (WV) The ICT Lead role is responsible for supporting and maintaining global IT processes and standards within their NO. Individuals in this role provide strategic leadership on Technology and Digital Solutions and manage services provided within WVZ. They build and manage relationships with internal stakeholders to understand and anticipate issues, influence technology adoption, monitor staff satisfaction levels, and address issues and concerns.
- IT Leadership & Digital Enablement
- Support the leadership in developing and aligning IT plans to the WVZ strategy.
- Establish a culture of digital dexterity across the organization and champion value realization for IT investments.
- Initiates change to improve business results and leads change initiatives.
- Provides frequent, communication to department/organization and clients about the change (i.e., rationale, expected outcomes, the "big” picture) and the impact of the change (individual and business).
- Lead the adoption of relevant national, regulatory and partnership policies relating to IT, data privacy and protection.
- Develop, implement and enforce appropriate local IT policies and plans
- Vendor Management
- Provides advice and counsel to the vendor relationship decision-making and contract development processes.
- Ensures contracts are in place.
- Ensures service provider performance is reviewed and that contract managers are notified when necessary.
- Works with service providers to establish SLAs that support business objectives.
- IT Risk management & Audit recommendations
- Take active role preparing the Risk Register and working with Finance & Support Services Director to ensure it is updated regularly to reflect IT related risks.
- Proactively identify risks to the IT department and develop mitigation measures to ensure the risks are managed.
- Support audits done by internal, regional and global teams and ensure all identified audit recommendations are implemented.
- Establish a cybersecurity program for the National Office and ensure existing information security procedures are followed (InfoSec awareness training, reports of breach are resolved in a timely manner, constantly review internal systems for security
D. IT Planning & Operations Management
- Development of IT Annual Operating Plans (AOP).
- Develop and manage IT budgets in line with overall IT spending targets.
- Ensures adherence to established IT service model pricing that supports high quality services at optimal cost for the enterprise.
- Lead effective ICT service delivery at acceptable costs and service levels
- Lead the IT team in IT capacity planning (IT infrastructure, connectivity) needed to deliver effective, reliable and secure IT services.
- Lead delivery of IT projects (global, regional and local) adhering to partnership standards and policies within stipulated time and budget.
- Champion Technology and Digital Continuity
- IT Service Management & SLAs
- Ensure reliable and secure delivery of IT services in all operational areas.
- Develop and monitor and evaluate IT business process and identifying Key performance indicators (KPI’s) to be used to monitor the processes.
- Incident Management processes are implemented and managed accordingly.
- Leverage the WV IT Service Catalogue, align services offered and socialize with business
- Maintain an ICT help desk for the use of staff or official visitors who require technical support
- Performance Management & Capacity building
- Champion a high performance and engaged IT team
- Lead the adoption of the staff performance and capability framework with the support of P&C within the ICT l department.
- Develop a culture within the IT team consistent with organizational culture involving planning, execution, reporting and communicating IT impact to NO strategy
- Manage the introduction of structured end-user capacity building to ensure optimal and efficient use of all the ICT system/tools available to the organization
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field.
- Master’s degree in information technology or related fields (computer science; information science; software engineering, business administration would be an added advantage.
- Over 5 years of relevant technical or business work experience, 3 of which should be at management level (managing an IT department)
- ITIL certification, Project Management (PMP or Prince2), Microsoft and Cisco certifications
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills for a complex and federated international organization
- Experience in strategy formulation, implementation and tracking
- Excellent analytical and management skills.
- Experience in developing and managing information technology budgets
- Sound understanding of computer systems, software, networks in a hybrid computing environment (both on-premise and cloud).
- Experience in managing teams and building relationships with people at a variety of levels.
- Demonstrated ability to launch and deliver one or more IT project(s) on time and within budget.
NB: Shortlisting will be done as applications are received. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Qualified Female Candidates are encouraged to apply
TO APPLY CLICK HERE