International Research Manager
Central to our strategy is our youth-led research approach. Our methodology not only strengthens young people as leaders, and informs national and global agendas, but is also fundamental to shifting power – ensuring young people are recognised as experts and can own knowledge.
In the last 10 years we’ve grown our portfolio, partnerships and impact of our youth-led research. We’ve run a Youth Think Tank across Africa and worked with young people across the world. Recent research includes:
- Leading the biggest youth-led study on global education since the Covid-19 pandemic hit , funded by Dubai Cares
- Youth-led research on the impact of the climate crisis in Uganda, funded by the British Academy
- Youth-led research on the impact of global heating on health in Zimbabwe, funded by the Wellcome Trust
- Research on youth resilience, and the impact of Covid-19 (using qualitative journals) in Nepal and Indonesia, funded by the Asia Development Bank
- And global research on the state of youth civil society (to be published next year)
We are looking for a Senior Research Manager to lead and grow our research portfolio in line with the Restless Development strategy. Essential to this role is:
- Participatory, community-led research expertise: You must have a track record of developing and carrying out research in local communities. We’re looking for someone inclusion-focused who will continue to test, strengthen and develop our research methodologies.
- Academic rigour & methodology: Our research is often in partnership with academic institutions and funders – Cambridge University and Makerere University amongst others. We’re looking for someone who has a track record of working in research institutions and/or with researchers/academics, to ensure we keep an eye on academic rigour and to enable the research to be published.
- Research development and management: This role will be responsible for the oversight of fast-paced, high performing grants and contracts, but also developing new proposals.
- Global Team Leader: We’re looking for someone to lead and inspire the team but also ensure our research work is plugged into the agency both at Hub and through our leadership teams. We’re looking for someone committed to our global team and vision, and committed to values and culture.
To apply click HERE