LEADERSHIP & MANAGEMENT TRAINING CONSULTANCY - TERMS OF REFERENCE :
Deadline: 23:59pm, Sunday 14 August 2022
Zimbabwe Health Interventions (ZHI) is a non-profit human development organization, registered as a Trust under the Zimbabwe Deeds Registries Act (Chapter 20:05). ZHI is currently implementing the Re-Ignite Innovate Sustain and Empower (RISE) program which is a five-year (October 2021 – September 2026) United States Agency for International Development (USAID) funded program. The RISE Program is one of the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) funded programs through USAID that aims to disrupt the main drivers of HIV risk for adolescent girls and young women (AGYW) in Zimbabwe using a proven approach called Determined, Resilient, Empowered, AIDS-free, Mentored, and Safe women (DREAMS).
ZHI is planning to design and deliver a leadership and management training program targeting RISE Program staff at supervisory, middle, and senior management level. The proposed training is aimed at cultivating the right leadership competencies including balanced analytical and interpersonal skills, creative problem solving, conflict management, planning and coordination, judgement and decision making, emotional intelligence, and savvy negotiation skills required to lead a program of such magnitude to achieve the expected deliverables within the stipulated time-fame.
2. Purpose and Scope of Delivery
ZHI seeks to enhance the existing organizational strengths through training of senior and mid-level managers/coordination team on leadership and management. The overall objective of the training is to enable ZHI to support organizational growth, and development of staff so that they can perform their leadership, management, supervisory and coordination functions more effectively and efficiently. The training will be critical for the team in discharging their supervisory roles under new normal-remote working arrangements, including hybrid working arrangements.
3. Target Participants
The training will target 57 staff members on supervisory, middle management and senior management roles from the ZHI/RISE national, regional and district offices.
4. Mode of Delivery
The training will take the form of experiential learning using adult learning methodologies including role plays, lecture presentations, case studies, discussions, simulations of real-life scenarios, fun outdoor team, and group activities. The facilitator(s) may use other additional methodologies to effectively deliver the scope. The service provider must deliver evidence-based Leadership and Management Development activities/knowledge and skills.
Duties and Responsibilities
5. Scope of the Assignment
The service provider (consultant or firm) shall deliver all the services necessary to achieve the stated objectives. The proposed course content should be able to equip the participants with the following knowledge and skills, among other content related to the overall objectives:
• Equip staff with effective communication and team leadership skills
• Maintaining committed and motivated teams with high teamwork/team spirit
• Proper time management and strategic planning skills
• Transformational leadership management skills and techniques, including setting excellent standards of performance and results-based leadership
• Workplace conflict resolution and conflict management skills
• Stress management, problem solving and critical thinking skills
• Relationship building – including interpersonal skills, self-awareness (Myers Briggs Type Indicator), personal effectiveness, and emotional intelligence
• Maintaining positive attitude, dedication, and excellence at work
• Effective delegation skills
• Risk and performance management – managing teams remotely and dealing with underperformance of supervisees.
• Have a clear vision, communicate the vision to the team and rally the team towards achievement of the vision.
• How to empower others and hold them accountable
• Master problem analysis and decision-making
• Feedback – how to give/receive feedback
• Ability to clearly understand strengths/weakness of your team members.
6. Expectations from ZHI
• Provide the venue for the training, accommodation, and food for both participants and trainers.
• Provide flipcharts, projector, and stationery (writing materials for the participants).
7. Expected Deliverables of the Assignment
The service provider is expected to provide a customized onsite evidence-informed training session on leadership and management. The following deliverables are required under this assignment.
1. Develop a training program, and modules
2. Conduct and submit pre and post training assessment report
3. Deliver on-site training sessions
4. Provide relevant training materials and resources
5. Provide participants with certificates of participation.
6. Post-training report including feedback analysis report on the exercises, recommendations, and next steps.
8. Desired Outcomes
By the end of the training, it is expected that the participants will be able to achieve results through engaging their supervisees by focusing on developing teams that are empowered, confident, enthusiastic, and inspired. The managers will be able to identify their most powerful skills and maximize their effectiveness in their portfolios. They will also be able to develop
and nurture a productive, cohesive, and resilient team with the right attitude to work; as well as provide effective leadership role in their respective areas of work.
9. Duration of the Assignment
This activity will take place at Troutbeck Resort in Nyanga; and is expected to take 2 days in September 2022.troutbeck
Qualifications and Experience
10. Qualifications and Experience
• The lead experts must have a master’s degree with specialization in leadership, strategic management, project management, Psychology, development studies, or any related social sciences.
• The service provider must have expertise in the areas of leadership and performance management.
• The service provider must have at least 10 years of hands-on experience in handling similar projects/assignments with international not-for-profit sector.
• The lead expert must have practical and hands-on track record in leadership and management. S/he must have been a manager or leader for not less than 10 years.
• Demonstrated and proven track record of delivering similar assignments
• Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills. Spoken and written fluency is required in English.
How to Apply
View more information
Zimbabwe Health Interventions (ZHI) is a local Zimbabwean non-profit human development organization whose mission is to help the Government of Zimbabwe (GoZ) achieve its health-related goals, with ...