Lecturer/ Senior Lecturer/ Associate Professor/ Professor: Department Of Psychology: Faculty Of Applied Social Sciences: Masvingo Regional Campus (1 Post) :
- Full Time
The Zimbabwe Open University (ZOU) is the largest and comprehensive Open & Distance e- Learning (ODeL) university in Zimbabwe that offers lifelong learning in an affordable and flexible manner.
Suitably qualified, experienced and motivated candidates are invited to apply for the following vacant position that has arisen in the Zimbabwe Open University.
Women candidates and the differently abled persons are encouraged to apply.
Lecturer/ Senior Lecturer/ Associate Professor/ Professor: Department Of Psychology: Faculty Of Applied Social Sciences: Masvingo Regional Campus (1 Post)
Duties and Responsibilities
• Leading in the development and launching of new programmes;
• Developing and producing Open and Distance Learning materials including writing modules;
• Marking assignments as well as examinations;
• Carrying out research and creative work;
• Promoting the University wide initiatives;
• Establishing partnerships with industry and local communities;
• Engaging in community service;
• Interfacing with other Faculties;
• Engaging in University service; and
• Carrying out any other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• A minimum of a Master of Science in Psychology; and
• A relevant Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology or equivalent;
• Possession of a PhD in any of the areas stated above is an added advantage;
• Must be registered with Allied Health Professions Council of Zimbabwe as a Psychologist;
• A minimum of two (2) years teaching experience in an institution of Higher Learning is a requirement;
• Knowledge of distance education would be an added advantage; and
• Computer literacy a must;
How to Apply
CANDIDATES WHO DO NOT MEET THE STIPULATED REQUIREMENTS NEED NOT APPLY.
Interested and qualified persons should submit their applications consisting of the following documents: application letter, certified educational and professional certificates as well as transcripts and curriculum vitae with contact details (telephone numbers and e-mail addresses) of at least three (3) referees as follows:
• in PDF format as a single document to: [email protected]w
• as hard copies which consist of ten (10) sets of each of the above listed documents. All envelopes should clearly indicate the post being applied for.
Applications should be received not later than 6 November 2021.
Applications should be addressed to:
The Director, Human Resources
Zimbabwe Open University
P O Box MP 1119
Hand delivered to
Cnr S. Machel/L. Takawira