A well-established manufacturer and supplier of Fast Moving Consumer Goods is looking to hire a multi-faceted individual to take up this role
Duties and Responsibilities
• Provides timely, accurate, quality and business-focused legal advice to the business on all commercial matters based on extensive research and studies of case law and statutory provisions
• Interrogates and establishes the consequences of new legislation or legislative changes for the company and substantiates the need for review of legal policy frameworks and business controls such as delegations and authority frameworks to align with the amendments.
• Prepares all property rental agreements, both where the Company is the Lessor and where the Company is the Lessee.
• Designs and monitors control systems to deal with violations of legal rules and internal policies. Enforces adherence to Safety, Health and Environmental Management policies and procedures.
• Drafts contracts in accordance with the Contracting Guidelines and recorded in the relevant Contracts Registers
• Oversees all business operations relating to compliance including policies, and procedures
• Reviews and evaluates company procedures and reports to identify hidden risks or common issues.
• Reviews service levels and charge out rates of external legal service providers with a view to contributing to interim and annual forecasts/ estimates
Qualifications and Experience
• Must have a Bachelor’s degree in LLB, LLM and/or other postgraduate qualifications.
• Admitted attorney.
• 7-10 Years’ experience as a commercial lawyer in a reputable law firm.
• Must have litigation experience.
• Experience in compliance within a corporate environment is an added advantage.