In as much as we take effort and due diligence to confirm the authenticity of the vacancies we post here for jobs in , at this moment, our methods are not fool proof. We urge you not to pay any money for any job offers. iHarare Jobs take no responsibility for any loss of financial value. Please be cautious!
Medical Laboratory Scientist: Family AIDS Caring Trust (FACT)
Deadline: 18 June 2021
Reports to: Site Manager
Roles and responsibilities
- The medical laboratory scientist (MLS), works to analyze a variety of biological specimens at the Site Clinic. The incumbent will be responsible for performing scientific testing on samples and reporting results to Site Manager for further management.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs laboratory tests, records patients and Quality Control (QC) results, transcribes patient and QC results to appropriate reports and/or result logs;
- Recognizes and resolves instrument and/or assay failures, acting as internal technical advisor for instrument troubleshooting on the laboratory’s major and minor equipment;
- Carries out corrective actions for patient and QC results as directed by the Site Manager;
- Assists subordinate laboratory staff members in daily workflow, to include, but not limited to prioritizing specimens, specimen storage, and assay resulting and reporting;
- Judiciously uses laboratory resources, to include, but not limited to instrument reagents, QC material, equipment and supplies;
- Maintains accurate reagent and asset inventory;
- Assists in training of other technical employees; Assists in supervision of laboratory safety issues, including medical waste management and disposal;
- Any other duties as assigned by the Site Manager.
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree in Medical Laboratory Sciences or Diploma from a recognized institution;
- Minimum three years as a Medical Laboratory Scientist/Technician in VCT,
- hospital or research environment;
- Ability to run automated and manual lab equipment;
- Registered with Medical Laboratory and Clinical Scientists Council of Zimbabwe.
Interested candidates can submit an application letter together with a detailed CV to [email protected] Please write – MLS on the subject of your email.
FACT commits itself to protect children whom its staff, volunteers as well as outsiders may get into contact. The organisation’s mandate is to serve the best interest of all children through protection from abuse, harm and exclusion, child participation and development in all its programs.
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.