About the organisation
Mavambo is a non-profit making organisation established in 2001 which provides educational, legal, parenting, economic strengthening support as well as protection and life skills, health and nutrition to orphans and vulnerable children and young people. The organisation works in Harare (Mabvuku, Tafara, Caledonia, Chitungwiza, Stoneridge, Epworth, Hopley, Dzivarasekwa, Hatcliffe, Mufakose, Glen View, Waterfalls, Warren Park, Budiriro, Highfield, White Cliff and Kambuzuma) and Mashonaland East (Goromonzi).
The Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Coordinator (MELC) will be responsible for the monitoring, evaluating and reporting on the School Feeding Programme. The coordinator will be expected to be fully on MEL system implementation including monitoring, learning initiatives, support evaluations, compile lessons learnt and report to School Feeding Manager. The MELC is responsible for ensuring timely and accurate collation and analysis of programme data, maintaining programme database, capturing key programme indicators as well as ensuring that programme information management systems function effectively and efficiently.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Oversee activities associated with impact assessment, Baseline survey and other Surveys, Coordinate the collection of key routine data on the delivery of School Feeding Programme and disseminate information to inform Programme management,
• Provide comprehensive feedback on the lessons learned / impact of the School Feeding Programme, Conduct Focus Groups Discussions, surveys and interviews with Programme stakeholders and beneficiaries,
• Coordinate data entry, collation, interpretation and statistical and qualitative analysis,
• Coordinate stock audits and submit reports to the Programme management, Conduct training and awareness raising activities for operations and Programme staff at field level regarding MEL priorities and quality standards, Report writing and MEL database management.
Qualifications and Experience
• A good master’s degree in a relevant discipline such as monitoring and evaluation, agriculture economics, statistics or any other relevant postgraduate in social science;
• At least 3 years of experience in Monitoring and Evaluation in a similar role within the NGO sector;
• Robust data collation, analysis and interpretation skills;
• Long-term nutritional impact assessments; Able to lead on implementation of MEL strategy;
• Able to communicate well across all levels.;
• Good report writing and strong numeracy skills; Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines;
• Excellent attention to detail;
• High level of integrity and standards of personal conduct; Excellent IT skills, including MS Office and the ability to learn new systems;
• Advanced Excel skills; Competence in operating computer software programmes and data analysis, research skills;
• Excellent analytical and organizational skills; Excellent written and verbal skills in English
How to Apply
Applications are sent to: Human Resources Mavambo Orphan Care [email protected]
Please quote the position being applied for on the subject line of your email. Applicants should include only cover letters and CV. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified, and female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.