In as much as we take effort and due diligence to confirm the authenticity of the vacancies we post here for jobs in , at this moment, our methods are not fool proof. We urge you not to pay any money for any job offers. iHarare Jobs take no responsibility for any loss of financial value. Please be cautious!
The following post of National HIV Laboratory Coordinator has arisen in the Ministry of Health and Child Care. Reports to: Director Laboratory Services
Summary of key functions
Responsible and accountable for the administrative and technical operations of all HIV laboratory services in the country. Ensuring the delivery of high-quality diagnostic services for HIV including EQA for HIV testing, EID testing, Viral load and CD4 count.
Key Responsibilities and Accountability
- Laboratory system strengthening with focus on HIV in laboratories
- Reviews and spearheads implementation of the Viral Load scale-up plan
- Manages and participates in development and administration of the HIV laboratory budget
- Offers sound national and international advice on policy and trends in HIV VL, EID, CD4testing.
- Contributes to national strategic planning for the national HIV program
- Oversees EQA for all machines, EID, Viral load and Cd4
- Ensures the development of a quarterly HIV laboratory performance report, presents data on essential performance indicators for HIV lab indicators
- Ensures availability and use of diagnostic algorithms, guidelines, and policies in line with the most recent WHO recommendations and policy guidance for HIV related diagnostic/screening
- Ensures and promotes inter-departmental collaboration and effective contribution to regional and international organizations
- Plans and implements supportive HIV related laboratory programmatic activities to national levels
- Ensures HIV related laboratory policy implementation across the tiered levels
Qualifications, Experience and Skills
- HBMLS or Equivalent from a reputable University
- Post-graduate training in Public Health, Clinical Epidemiology or Microbiology is an added advantage
- At least 2 years post graduate experience in HIV related tests including Viral load, EID and CD4
Recognized training in HIV diagnostic tests
Ability to coordinate health services at national, provincial and district levels
Proven computer competence with spreadsheet, wordprocessing, presentation and database applications
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their CV’s, a cover letter and proof of qualifications to:
The Secretary for Health
Ministry of Health and Child Care
P O Box CY 1122,
1st Floor, Kaguvi Building
Fourth Street/Central Avenue
Or use the email address: human[email protected]
Only short -listed applicants will be contacted.
Closing date: 14 June 2021.