Nutrition and Health Manager- Harare :
The Nutrition and Health Manager will be responsible to guide nutrition work for the organisation with the aim to further develop and implement nutrition strategies.
Duties and Responsibilities
Program Management & Technical Support:
• Proposing/Developing a nutrition strategy, adapted to the local context and aligned with the overall NAZ strategy to guide all nutrition programming.
• Timely and high-quality implementation of planned nutrition activities and raising alerts on any delays or excessive or under-use of resources
• Timely and high-quality reporting, both internal and external, of nutrition activities, together with a critical analysis
• Ensure compliance with WHO and MOHCC guidelines, policies and protocols in each program component. Management of nutrition programmes in all districts where NAZ is operating
• Support the implementation of timely and accurate data collection systems, monitor data for accuracy, and respond appropriately with programmatic changes as needed to meet targets.
• Assess staff training needs and make appropriate referrals for training. Where required, organize, facilitate and/or provide training of nutrition personnel.
• Play an active role in investigating upcoming funding opportunities and the development of proposals, budget and project review processes.
• Promote the development of a sustainable Nutrition program by offering creative ideas and new approaches to solving problems in health programs.
• Work in close collaboration and liaison with other NAZ departments (MEAL, FSL, WASH, Logistics, Administration, and Finance)
Coordination & Representation:
• Coordinate nutrition activities with Ministries of Health, UN agencies, other implementing partners and funding agencies.
• Coordinate nutrition and health program development with MOHCC, local leadership and other relevant departments; with a focus on using a community development approach at all stages of program planning and implementation.
• Ensure involvement of relevant authorities at all levels (national/ provincial/ district) in the planning, implementation and monitoring of quality programming.
• Liaise with key partners including District, Provincial and National Health Departments, local leaders, NGO partners, and other stakeholders (as necessary) to ensure good links between nutrition and other sectors. Attend relevant internal and external meetings as directed by the Executive Director
Administrative and Other Duties:
• Provide regular written reports on activities.
• Management of resources under the Health and nutrition manager’s portfolio: Budget, stocks of training and operational materials, etc., making sure that they are sufficient for the functioning of the program
• Orient new staff and visitors on the nutrition program and activities at national and field level
• Under the direction of the Executive Director, take up responsibilities such as overall program management; work planning; meetings and workshops attendance.
Qualifications and Experience
Degree in Nutrition/Public Health
• Advanced degree in Public health, Development studies, Social sciences as an added advantage
• Working experience of at least four years in nutrition programing with 2 years at managerial level
• Should be able to work with minimal supervision
• Should be computer literate (Microsoft word, excel, PowerPoint etc).
• Ability to work and or support work in remote areas
Functional skills and knowledge:
• Ability to coordinate activities in a region with autonomy
• Demonstrates a systematic and efficient approach to work.
• Works collaboratively with team members to achieve results.
• Relates and works well with people of different cultures, gender and backgrounds.
How to Apply
1. Send Cover letters with up-to-date detailed CVs and clearly indicate the post applied
for in the email subject to [email protected] by 12TH of November 2021 COB
2. Fill in an application form , using a link that you will get as soon as you email your
application. The link will be sent to your application email within 24 hours of you submitting
3. Please note this is an urgent recruitment, applications will be processed as they are