The Nutrition Officer will provide technical expertise to partners in the ZRBF consortia and District Food and Nutrition Security Committees to support the integration of care groups into resilience programming. The position requires an individual with a strong understanding of resilience-nutrition linkages and facilitation and negotiation skills to achieve results within multi-sector teams. (Nyanga, Mbire, Kariba, Mudzi, Mutoko, Mwenezi, Chiredzi, Binga, Lupane, Nkayi, Bubi, Umguza, Umzingwane, Insiza, Matopos, Beitbridge, Mberengwa and Zvishavane)
Duties and Responsibilities
Objective 1: Support the implementation of the care group in the ZRBF consortium:
• Serve as the lead nutrition resource person within the ZRBF consortium
• Conduct a mapping of community-based psychosocial support structures within ZRBF wards
• Lead demand creation and triggering sessions for care groups in partnership with FNSCs and sub-district stakeholders in ZRBF wards
• Organize and lead sensitization sessions for District FNSCs and other district stakeholders on the care group integration for ZRBF
• Capacitate district and sub-district FNSC members on the care group approach
• Facilitate the roll out of technical trainings (Care Group Methodology, SAA and Male Engagement) in ZRBF districts using an agreed consortium approach
• Monitor community trainings for technical area and develop a strategy to improve and maintain quality
• Lead the community level recruitment of program participants for groups including Care Groups
• Conduct SAA sessions with FNSCs, Care Groups, Men's Fora, health service providers and VHWs
• Facilitate the training of Male Advocates (Gender Champions) on the Care Group Approach, SAA and Male Engagement
• Develop workplan for and implement regular review meetings for technical area
• Contribute to the development of different tools needed for proper implementation of the project.
• Produce timely reports for internal use and contribute to donor reports on the status of on-going programming.
• Comply with NAZ policies and regulations with respect to child protection, code of conduct, health and safety, equal opportunities and other relevant policies and procedures
Objective 2: Ensure timely routine reporting of the project activities
• Participate in weekly/ monthly district meetings
• Generate weekly, monthly and quarterly reports (narrative and quantitative)
• Ensure that activity and training reports are compiled
• Compile statistical data and draft appropriate reports on activities
• Analyze nutrition situation and prevailing trends and provide constructive written feedback
• Participate during project assessments as may be determined by the organisation
• Documentation of best practices for learning purposes and increase project visibility
Qualifications and Experience
• Degree in Nutrition
• Working experience of at least five years in Nutrition, with experience in multi-sector programming
• Demonstrated experience in mentorship, coaching and capacity building
• Good negotiation skills
• Should be able to work with minimal supervision
• Should be computer literate (Microsoft word and excel).
• Ability to work in a remote area
• Team player
• Good communication skills
How to Apply
1. Send Cover letters with up-to-date detailed CVs and clearly indicate the post applied
for in the email subject to [email protected] by 25TH of June 2021 COB.
2. Fill in an application form, using a link that you will get as soon as you email your application. The link will be sent to your application email within 24 hours of you submitting your application.