In as much as we take effort and due diligence to confirm the authenticity of the vacancies we post here for jobs in , at this moment, our methods are not fool proof. We urge you not to pay any money for any job offers. iHarare Jobs take no responsibility for any loss of financial value. Please be cautious!
As a subsidiary of the world’s global leader in innovative and sustainable building materials Lafarge Cement Zimbabwe Is reinventing the way Zimbabwe builds. Leveraging on the 70,000 strong global team spread across 70 markets and four industry segments, we are committed to shaping a greener, smarter and healthier world.
As we continue ta look for more sustainable ways to build, we need world class talent to join our team. People who are passionate about sustainability, driven by curiosity and keen to grow, learn, develop and thrive in our high-performance culture
As the Operations Engineer you will be accountable for the following:
- Managing ind controlling the production processes, ensuring that volume and quality targets are met on an ongoing basis.
- Reviewing plant performance daily, weekly and monthly while acting to correct adverse performances gaps.
- Liaising with raw material Suppliers Logistics and Procurement teams to ensure that Inbound raw materials are delivered within the stipulated times, quaintness and quality specifications.
- Actively contributing to improvements in plant availability and performance, including costs, by the implementation of production and maintenance best practices across the whole site.
- Putting in place an effective system for the supervision. execution, monitoring and quality control management tor Production and Maintenance activities
- Developing and implementing a preventive and predictive maintenance model in line with the Groups maintenance management system.
- Taking a lead role in cross functional root cause analysis meetings for plant problems or failures, ensuring that key issues are highlighted, corrective actions planned, delivered and monitored for effectiveness,
- Ensuring that all employees and contractors work in accordance with Lafarge Health and safety standards and procedures.
- Monitoring and controlling the execution and quality of maintenance work carried out on equipment in line with operational objectives, approved budgets, company policies and deadlines.
- Facilitating development of staff by defining, and where necessary providing training, in activities that support production improvement and coaching
- Reviewing all Maintenance Incidents and taking actions to prevent or minimize effects as well as any recurrence.
- Developing scope of works for all Project related works, whether done in house or outsourced.
- Supervising all Contractors during the implementation of Projects with guidance of the signed off and approved contracts, scope of works and or purchase orders.
- Routinely developing and updating working instructions and standard operating procedures for Maintenance works of Projects.
- Assisting the Procurement department to develop and formulate contracts and tender documents for Project related works.
- Managing and controlling industrial relations and performance of the team and contractors in line with the applicable performance management system and the employee code of conduct
- University degree in Mechanical Engineering field or Equivalent
- At least 5 years of supervisory experience in a heavy manufacturing environment.
- In depth knowledge of the process of Cement manufacturing, Maintenance Management Methods, Condition Monitoring and Predictive Maintenance Process and Computer Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS).
- Good knowledge of production equipment practices and processes.
- Good knowledge of product quality management systems, parameters and of qualify control tests
- Knowledge of production and maintenance management and planning
- Detailed knowledge of the Factories and Works Act and other applicable statutory instruments.
- In-depth knowledge of the RCFA methodology.
- General knowledge of Mechanical/Electrical Engineering and industrial automation
- Knowledge of Siemens S7, Troubleshooting and preventive maintenance
While you help us deliver world-class construction solutions, we promise to help you grow in a dynamic working environment that offers attractive working conditions and encourages personal and professional development.
Do you have the drive, the skills, and the passion to join us?
Apply now at [email protected] by Friday 25 June 2021