Africaid is a local Private Voluntary organization which through its Zvandiri programme, integrates clinic, community and digital HIV services for children, adolescents and young adults. Africaid works with the Ministry of Health and Child Care (MOHCC) and National AIDS Council (NAC) in implementing these interventions with funding from various partners. It seeks to recruit for an anticipated USAID-funded five-year program focusing on Orphans and Vulnerable Children (OVC), their households, and communities in selected districts of Zimbabwe.
- The OVC Specialist will be responsible for the overall coordination and management of the proposed OVC program, with the following main responsibilities;
- Provision of regular support and supervision to OVC service officers and other staff under her or his direct supervision; These include the development and follow up on individual work plans based on Family Focused HIV prevention, care and treatment service activity project work plans and / or job descriptions;
- Build the technical capacity of the project staff under her / his direct line management and delegate tasks for the efficient performance of activities implementation at all levels;
- Liaise with the local Government institutions, CBOs, and other relevant community groups to select target beneficiaries for the project services (direct services and through referral linkages); Manages the entire case management process in the recruitment and enrolment of target beneficiaries (from identification for enrolment through successful graduation & case closure processes); Ensure the provision of quality service for project target beneficiaries based on each individual household’s case plan and needs identified; Ensuring fidelity of service delivery with project standards.
- The OVC Specialist must have: A Master’s degree in Public Health;
- five years with professional experience in health and HIV / AIDS related project management / implementation specially OVC;
- With HIV / AIDS programming in such areas as life skills and psychosocial support and experience in developing and managing multi - sectoral field programs is strongly preferred; Familiar with USAID regulations and policies; Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to lead and work effectively in team situations;
- Strong oral and written communication skills are all critical for success; Ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks, think creatively and strategically.
Please send a 2 pager CV and letter of motivation (BOTH IN WORD) to [email protected] by midday 5th April 2022
Africaid is an equal opportunity employer promoting gender, equity and diversity. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. AFRICAID has zero tolerance for any form of harassment and staff are expected to uphold the organizational values and core competencies especially diversity and inclusion, integrity, commitment, and respect for others as our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children and safeguarding employees and communities from Sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse.