Pharmaceutical Sales Representative :
- Full Time
The pharmaceutical industry is competitive, fast and constantly evolving. This requires one to be constantly update with industry and marketing, developments in local and global markets, reading, research and strategic foresight.
• You will need to have (or develop) an understanding of the pharmaceutical market and industry locally and internationally.
• Develop or possess marketing knowledge, techniques for successfully selling promoting and selling pharmaceutical products
• Possess business knowledge, sales forecasting, budgeting, strategic planning and resource allocation.
• Have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work with and manage cross-functional teams
• Detail oriented
• Possess excellent planning capabilities
• Possess solid communication skills including presentation, variable and written abilities are a must
Duties and Responsibilities
Your key duties shall include but not limited to the following:
• Personal selling of the company’s products to licensed pharm wholesalers, Hospitals and Industrial clinics.
• Visit daily the required minimum number of 15 clients per day to sell the company’s products.
• Coverage of all licensed Pharmacies in your defined geographical sales area
• Field visits to areas outside Bulawayo included in your coverage area.
• Telephone selling of company’s products
• Achieve your daily, weekly, monthly and annually sales volume and value targets
• Build a strong loyal base of customers and ensure repeat business of the same.
• Detailing and promoting company’s products to customers and medical professionals
• Call or visit customers for payments and liaise with the credit controllers for collections.
• Compile daily sales reports accurately and submit to the manager.
• Compile weekly and monthly sales volume and value reports and submit the same every Monday
or day after month end respectively before 12:00 noon.
• Come up with strategies to achieve sales targets for self and entire team
• Submit weekly backorders before end of day on Fridays to supervisor
• Improve customer services to ensure that it exceeds their expectations
• Keep up to date with developments
• Provide market intelligence and competitor activity reports on a weekly and monthly basis
covering the 5 P’s that is price, products, promotion, place (delivery/distribution) and people
• Work with warehouse to ensure timeous delivery of orders to ensure that orders placed before 1:00
pm are delivered that same day without fail
• Improve personal skills and develop personal to ensure that you are up to date with developments
in the market and relevancy to demands of the job.
• Always conduct self professionally, honestly and with integrity in all deliberations with team
members, customers and management and staff.
• Arrive and leave work on time and strictly adhere to the company’s working timetables.
• Using the company’s vehicle and fuel in the conduct of company business and driving to and from
work. Prior written authorisation will be required if the motor vehicle is to be driven for a radius
of 20km outside Bulawayo.
• Take good care and ensuring security of company assets entrusted to you
• Ensure that all resources including financial allocated by the company are used solely for the
Qualifications and Experience
• Diploma/Degree in Sales and Marketing or relevant alternative
• Proven experience in Sales and Marketing (a minimum of 2 years experience
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
• Professional attitude and appearance
• Solid written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to be resourceful and proactive when issues arise
• Excellent organizational skills and customer service attitude
How to Apply
Login to Apply or Register to Apply