Physical Education Teacher X 2: Hermann Gmeiner Group of Schools - Harare & Bulawayo :
- Full Time
The Physical Education Teacher role is to ensure that the Physical Education curriculum objectives are realized. This is a 1 year fixed term position for Hermann Gmeiner Waterfalls and Bulawayo Primary Schools.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Planning, preparing and delivering lessons to all students in the class.
• Maintains the classroom register and pass on vital information to the office.
• Consult and inform parents regarding pupil’s progress of your class and individual pupils.
• Contributes to the further development of the school.
• Contribute to the good classroom atmosphere, including stimulating wall displays.
• Conducts himself/ herself in a professional manner in terms of both dressing and behaviour and leading by example.
• Ensures that all lessons are well prepared and that interest is generated to ensure that material is presented in a professional manner.
• Instruct students in sporting.
• Assist students to develop physically in health and nutrition.
• Prepare teams for out of school program e.g. NAPH and EPSA games
• Assisting teachers in the training of various sporting disciplines.
Qualifications and Experience
• Diploma in Education majoring in Physical education or Degree in Sports /Physical Education.
• 5 Years Teaching experience
• Sports oriented Individual
• Team Player
• Can work with minimum supervision
• Good written and Verbal communication Skills.
• Athletic and physically fit
How to Apply
Applications with curriculum vitae (CV), and photocopies of academic certificates should be submitted electronically indicating the position and preferred location you are applying for in the subject line and send to the address given. All applications should be submitted not later than 7 January 2022. Please note that applications will be screened as they come in and suitable candidates will be shortlisted for selection process
Parallel to technical competence, recruitment, selection and hiring decisions will give due emphasize to assessing candidates value congruence and thorough background checks, police clearance reference check processes.
Applications that are late do not have a CV or certificates attached will be disqualified. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applications including at least three traceable referees should be sent to: