Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead ACBF’s capacity development interventions in supported institutions and coordinated engagement with key institutional and other stakeholders and provide guidance during the launch of the programs, on expected results and on the role of each partner and stakeholder.
- Coordinate, the overall budget management, work planning, administrative requirements, monitoring and reporting of activities throughout the program cycle, in line with set out program work plan and partner requirements.
- Proactively identify constraints and obstacles to the implementation of the program in liaison with the program team and report on issues to Management to ensure that effective mitigation measures are undertaken.
- Develop partnerships to ensure the participation and involvement of relevant stakeholders in program activities for an inclusive, participatory, and transparent program delivery.
- Coordinate the identification and hiring of Best-in-Class program consultants and experts to complement ACBF’s internal capacity for conducting work on specific activities of the program and for ensuring proper delivery of technical services and submission of technical and other reports.
- Provide leadership to the program team in drafting the necessary technical documents concerning program design, implementation, and monitoring, such as policy papers, results frameworks, work plans and other documentation.
- Compile all the necessary information and program data, and produce monthly, quarterly, and annual program progress reports to ensure smooth implementation of activities and timely submission of reports to ACBF Management team and partners.
- Ensure that all activity expenditures are in line with approved budget and are charged to the correct and approved budget lines.
- Maintain program records and ensure they are complete, up-to-date and in line with the program requirements.
- Provide support to the monitoring, evaluation and reporting of program results in line with the program results framework, with a focus on key performance indicators and reporting requirements and mechanisms.
- Establish learning opportunities and platforms for the supported institutions, including training, peer-to-peer knowledge exchange and networking opportunities to strengthen the supported institutions’ research capacities and ability to respond to emerging health emergencies and demands.
- Perform any other duties assigned by the Executive Secretary.
Required Qualifications, Experience and Competencies
Selection will be competitive based on the following candidate profile:
- Advanced degree in a field related to international development such as Economics, Public or Business Administration, Development Studies, Social Studies, or any relevant field from a recognized institution.
- Minimum of 10 years of progressive experience in institutional capacity development; program management, design and implementation of projects/programs; program monitoring and donor reporting.
- Strong research background and ability to glean relevant information from various documents to produce quality technical and policy reports and knowledge products.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both oral and written and proven ability to prepare reports clearly and concisely, present, discuss and defend issues, findings and recommendations.
- English and French are the working languages of ACBF. For this position, fluency in oral and written English is required. Good working knowledge of French is an added advantage.
- Ability to effectively use software programs such as Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, and Outlook. Experience with project management in ERP systems would be an asset.
- Knowledge of current trends, and practices in public health, drug and vaccine development is desirable.
- Experience working with international organizations in the bio-medical field is an added advantage.
- Experience in the implementation of internationally funded projects will be a distinct advantage.
- Planning and organizing
- Teamwork and collaboration
- Respect for organizational, intercultural, and ethical values
- Learning and Innovation
Values – ACBF staff subscribes to the following Values:
Communication, Recognition, Excellence, Accountability and Modern.
To apply click HERE