The Project Officer’s responsibility will be to implement a humanitarian emergency programme by coordinating and providing technical guidance and facilitation in the design, effective implementation, supervision and evaluation of learning and development, child rights and protection programs in line with the approved Organisation’s result framework and annual plan.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Relevant work experience in an environment dealing with learning, child development, child rights and child participation issues and ability to work within multi-cultural environments pertaining to situations of children.
- At least 3 years’ experience in a similar role in an NGO environment working in child centred development programs.
- Demonstrable experience in project proposal writing, project implementation, monitoring and evaluation.
- Ability to think strategically, recognize program and persuade colleagues of learning program opportunities that Save the Children should exploit
- Good interpersonal, advocacy and counselling skills, flair for research and report writing, excellent public relations and ability to network and computer literacy, particularly in Word, Power Point and Excel.
- Good understanding of local languages.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy. Save the Children is an equal employment employer, therefore, female applicants are encouraged to apply.
- Job Application Details Application Information: To apply, follow the link below, attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. https://stcuk.taleo.net/careersection/jobdetail.ftl?job=210001IR&lang=en Application Deadline – 18 March 2021