Project Officer Economic Empowerment – Zimbabwe :
- Full Time
Sightsavers is growing its new programmatic area in economic empowerment which supports businesses to become successful employers of people with disabilities, and supports people with disabilities to develop skills, confidence and experience to successfully gain work. The programme portfolio is growing at a rapid pace with projects being designed and implemented in numerous countries across Africa and parts of Asia.
As the Project Officer you will support the Economic Empowerment project to manage activities and relationships with key stakeholders, and ensure that the project is planned, implemented, coordinated, monitored, evaluated, and adapted to the highest possible quality standards.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Work with the country project management team and other funding / resources partner to coordinate implementation of activities and sharing of lessons learned.
• Manage all aspects of the project cycle with the partners including effective planning, start-up, implementation, monitoring and evaluation, financial and asset management, reporting, documentation and closeout.
• Liaise and work with the Global Technical Leads (Disability Inclusive Economic Empowerment) and other internal expertise as required.
• ?Support tool development/adaption e.g., participant database, tracking entrepreneurs, ILO tool, Three Circles Tool, informed consent forms, surveys, feedback forms, participant registration forms.
• Support learning and adaptation through developing and implementing tools, events and processes e.g., learning logs, action learning groups, qualitative and quantitative data collection tools, analysis and dissemination of performance data.
• Document learning and adaptation to feedback into project design, implementation, evaluation and ToC reviews; and to project team, global teams including MEL team and GTLs and to external stakeholders such as partners and participants.
• Identify partner organizations with whom Sightsavers can work to achieve the project and organization’s strategic objective of ensuring that people with disabilities have equal rights and opportunities through both service delivery and advocacy.
• Support project partners in the preparation of budgets and forecasts.
• Be proactive in providing good quality information on case studies and interesting news stories relating to the project to support preparation of fundraising materials and advocacy materials.
Qualifications and Experience
As the successful candidate you will have experience with labour market issues including labour market assessments, skills training/development, internships, employer engagement, disability inclusion, job placements and job fairs. You will possess a background/qualification in social sciences, education, development studies, public health or equivalent, or another relevant field.
How to Apply
To apply for this exciting new opportunity, please complete an application via our recruitment portal. We are particularly interested in learning of your motivations for applying. Check link provided below
View more information
Our vision is of a world where no one is needlessly blind and where people who are blind and those with other disabilities enjoy the same rights as people without disabilities. Each year, we improv...