In as much as we take effort and due diligence to confirm the authenticity of the vacancies we post here for jobs in , at this moment, our methods are not fool proof. We urge you not to pay any money for any job offers. iHarare Jobs take no responsibility for any loss of financial value. Please be cautious!
The Sickle Hemoglobinopathy reseArch in Zimbabwe (SHAZ) project to be implemented at Parirenyatwa hospital in collaboration with University Teaching Hospital (UTH) in Zambia seeks to conduct research in Sickle Cell disease (SCD) and establish sustainable infrastructure and operation aimed at addressing the paucity of data that currently exists as well as improving standards of care for SCD in these two countries. The program intends to recruit the above-mentioned position which is integral for spearheading the activities in Zimbabwe.
- The Project/Study Coordinator (PC) will serve as the head of Secretariat of the project ensuring that all activities including administrative, are implemented in accordance with the proposal/protocol and applicable laws and regulations. S/He will support all interactions with the Principal Investigators in protocol activities. The PC will coordinate all administrative and logistical aspects of the clinical care, research, outreach, advocacy and communication aspects of SHAZ. Specifically, the PC will be responsible for the following:
- Coordinate, in collaboration with the Principal Investigators, all the research activities of the project at Parirenyatwa Hospital (PTH) and University Teaching Hospital (UTH) in Zambia;
- Coordinate, in collaboration with the Principal Investigators, training and capacity building (Clinical & Research) of researchers and Secretariat staff; Creates and maintains proper files/documents and records of the study;
- Collaborating with the Principal Investigators, coordinate the development of the SCD registry at PTH and UTH;
- Work with the Principal Investigators in recruiting and screening of study participants;
- Acts as liaison between the project and study participants, addressing and/or referring to the PIs any concerns arising during the study;
- To assist with the review of protocols, preparation of files and submission for ethical renewal by national IRBs on an annual basis;
- Organize and participate in outreach site visits to set up systems for participants recruitment and monitoring activities;
- Assist with communication between the project and other regional entities such as Sub-Saharan Africa (SSA) SCD consortium, Sickle in Africa Data Co-ordination Centre (SADaCC) and Clinical Coordinating Centre (CCC) as well as all the research study collaborators;
- Oversee all the administrative aspects of the project;
- Working with the finance team, manage the project budget and control expenditures
- ; To assist with the recruitment of staff to fill vacancies in the project; Participate in Executive Committee, Investigator and administrative meetings.
Qualifications, Experience and Competencies
- Health or social science related qualification such as Undergraduate/Master’s degree (MBChB, Nursing, basic sciences, Social work);
- Additional qualification in project management, an advantage;
- More than 5 years of experience in coordinating similar studies/projects including IRB processes; Significant experience with projects/studies start-ups;
- Experience in overseeing cohort, implementation science and clinical trials/studies monitoring; Excellent report writing skills;
- Ability to engage various levels of stakeholders;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Ability to assume leadership roles, manage budgets, manage ICTs and staff; Excellent organizational skills.
Potential candidates should apply to the Program Coordinator at the following email address [email protected] Candidates should attach a cover letter and current copy of curriculum vitae.