In as much as we take effort and due diligence to confirm the authenticity of the vacancies we post here for jobs in , at this moment, our methods are not fool proof. We urge you not to pay any money for any job offers. iHarare Jobs take no responsibility for any loss of financial value. Please be cautious!
Summary of responsibilities
The Projects coordinator is responsible for designing, coordinating implementation and improving the programmes of the organisation at national level. The Projects Coordinator will be tasked with developing programs to support the organisation’s strategic direction, as well as creating and managing long term goals. S/he is also in charge of developing programme budgets and operating plans and contributing to writing programme funding proposals.
- Coordinating programs and activities in accordance with the mission and goals of the organisation;
- Developing new programs to support the strategic direction of the organisation;
- Developing a budget and operating plan for the programme in liaison with the Finance Manager;
- Strengthening a monitoring and evaluation system to assess programme strengths and identify areas for improvement in liaison with the Monitoring and Evaluation Officer;
- Developing consolidated monthly, quarterly and annual work plans for every programme based on plans produced by the respective programme officers;
- Producing accurate and timely reporting of programme status throughout the programme life cycle to the funding partners;
- Providing necessary support to staff in project implementation decision making;
- Attending Management Meetings and providing updates on programmes;
- Managing the process of employee induction on programme activities and ensuring that all employees are thoroughly oriented about the organisation.
Staff Management & Supervision:
- Liaising with the HR Department in the development of position descriptions for all Programme Office staff;
- Performance monitoring, coaching and mentoring of Programme Officers, to ensure accuracy and efficiency of the programs staff;
- Supervising the work done by the Programme Officers, checking for accuracy of reports and making any necessary changes;
- Setting performance targets for Programme Officers, managing their performance and conducting performance reviews and appraisals.
Monitoring, Information Gathering and Evaluation:
- Actively participate in all aspects of planning, implementation, monitoring, evaluation and project closure with emphasis on checking levels of implementation and re-orient the operation as appropriate;
- Facilitate regular flow of information and conduct research as required;
- Provide technical support and guidance on monitoring and evaluation to implementing / operational partners when required;
- Promote identification and synthesis of best practices and lessons learned for organizational sharing and learning.
- Create and maintain comprehensive projects documentation, plans and reports;
- Reviewing of reports from the program officers;
- Sharing relevant documentation and reports with programme teams;
- Providing updates and reports to the Executive Director on progress of programme implementation plans.
Educational and Professional Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Development Studies, Strategic Leadership, Public Health/Policy or related fields;
- Diploma or Certificate in Project Management, Monitoring and Evaluation;
- Master’s Degree in International Development, Development Studies or Public Policy.
- At least 5 years proven working experience in programme management in an NGO environment 3 of which should be at Managerial level;
- A strong programming background including at planning and implementation level;
- Knowledge on young people, child protection and Sexual Reproductive Health programming an added advantage;
- Leadership, supervision and team management hands-on experience is key.
Key Skills and competencies:
- This position maintains a high degree of integrity and a strong stakeholder service focus.
- Using his/her knowledge, the incumbent will deal with stakeholders with a high level of maturity, tact, diplomacy and sensitivity;
- Outstanding communication, interpersonal and stakeholder management skills and abilities are required;
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills; Excellent resource mobilization and proposal writing skills are mandatory;
- Understanding of programme management and how it interfaces with general management;
- Proficiency in MS Office (MS Word, MS Excel, MS Powerpoint and MS Outlook, in particular)
All applications also must include a Motivation letter describing the interest, skills and competencies for the position. (Maximum one page Font size 12) and a Curriculum Vitae. All applications to be submitted to email [email protected]
Deadline: 30 June 2021