Public Sector Support (PSS) Coordinator :
- Full Time
Established in 1987, Population Services Zimbabwe (PSZ) and affiliate of Marie Stopes International, is one of the largest organisations providing specialised Sexual and Reproductive Health in Zimbabwe, complementing the Ministry of Health and Child Care and the Zimbabwe National Family Planning Council. The organisation seeks to fill the following positions:
1. Public Sector Support (PSS) Coordinator
As part of the PSZ Programs department mandate to deliver high quality and high impact services across various delivery channels, the key functions of this role are to manage stakeholder relations and provide support to the partners within the Public Sector Support (PSS) Channel.
Duties and Responsibilities
The incumbent will be responsible for the following among other duties:
• Overall coordination of the PSS program of Population Services Zimbabwe in the region.
• Provide monthly supervision and supportive visits to District hospitals and clinics in the programme.
• Liaise with MoH&CC and ZNFPC and other important stakeholders in the provision of family planning services and other reproductive health services in the region.
• Conducting and facilitating clinical audits in the Region.
• Training Partners on Sexual Reproductive Health issues and family planning services.
• Work in close collaboration with the DHE to build government capacity, strengthen supply chains and procure family planning & other medical products to improve the quality of reproductive health, and other primary health care components.
• Coordinate PSS meetings in the Region.
• Coordinate with the marketing and communication department for all marketing and mobilization needs.
• Supervising, coordinating and ensuring a cost-effective and financially sound health programme through grant and fund management, managing budgets and outputs to produce tangible results.
• Facilitating the designing and formulation of assessment and monitoring tools for the PSS channel in the Region.
Qualifications and Experience
To succeed in this role, you must have:
• A Degree in Public Health or related discipline
• Registered General Nurse with a Diploma in Midwifery
• Family Planning certificate ( LARCs)
• Good communication skills
• Community nursing diploma or Degree
• At least 5 years’ working experience of which 2 years must be in a supervisory role.
• Experience working in the public health sector will be a distinct advantage
• Must be computer literate and have excellent report writing and presentation skills
• Must be able to work under pressure with remote and minimum supervision.
• Should be able to work in deadline driven/results orientated settings.
• Class 4 drivers licence
How to Apply
Applications, should clearly state the position being applied for on the email subject section. You should include a cover letter and a curriculum vitae with three (3) referees. Applications should be received by 1pm on 8 April 2022 and should be directed to:
E-mail: [email protected]
Early applications are encouraged as shortlisting and interviews will be on a rolling basis
PSZ does not charge any fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
PSZ subscribes to the Marie Stopes International Child Safeguarding Policy. The successful candidates will undergo background checks and will be required to commit in writing agreement to adhere to the guidelines of this policy.