In as much as we take effort and due diligence to confirm the authenticity of the vacancies we post here for jobs in , at this moment, our methods are not fool proof. We urge you not to pay any money for any job offers. iHarare Jobs take no responsibility for any loss of financial value. Please be cautious!
Contract duration: 6 months
CeSHHAR Zimbabwe is an organization that specializes in sexual health, HIV and AIDS research in Zimbabwe. CeSHHAR in collaboration with the MOHCC and NAC is implementing a National Sex Work Programme aimed at reducing HIV acquisition and transmission among female, male and transgender sex workers thereby reducing HIV transmission and acquisition to and from their clients. Low consistent condom use, risk of drug use and increasing transactional sex are some of the common reasons that put these key populations at risk of acquiring STI and HIV infection. Therefore, reaching these populations and increasing awareness and access to STI & HIV prevention, testing and treatment services are fundamental to reducing transmission of STI and HIV infections. CeSHHAR is implementing the Determined, Resilient, Empowered, AIDS-free, Mentored, and Safe women (DREAMS) program in Zimbabwe is focused on reducing new HIV infections amongst adolescent girls and young women (AGYW) by 40% by September 2021. The DREAMS program is being implemented in nine priority high HIV burden districts in Zimbabwe i.e. Bulawayo, Chipinge, Gweru, Mazowe, Makoni, Mutare, Mangwe, Beitbridge and Gwanda. Under CeSHHAR the DREAMS Project primary role in is to deliver a comprehensive service to Young Women Selling Sex.
The Research Nurse will be responsible for specimen collection of the survey participants according to GCP guidelines. CeSHHAR Zimbabwe requires one research nurse for the study entitled â??An evaluation of the feasibility of self-sampling and self-testing for COVID-19 using antigen tests among patients and health care workers in Malawi and Zimbabweâ??. The study aims to investigate the feasibility, acceptability, and ease of use of available SARS-CoV-2 antigen tests among health workers and the general public. The Research Nurse will be required to collect nasal swabs and conduct rapid antigen tests for COVID-19. The research nurse will liaise with national COVID-19 program for patient referral. The core duties and responsibilities of this post are:
- Collecting nasal swabs and conducting rapid COVID-19 Ag tests;
- Performing in-person demonstrations on how to self- sample for COVID-19 antigen test;
- Updating and maintaining proper records of all sample collections and tests;
- Liaising with health care workers at local clinics to identify potential participants in the out-patients department;
- Liaising with national COVID-19 program for patient referral;
- Providing counselling pre and post COVID-19 testing;
- Completing research data forms;
- Assisting in the development of standard operating procedure (SOP) for observing safe sample collection, testing and disposal;
- Performing other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Applicants must be a registered nurse;
- Experience in COVID-19 management;
- Previous experience in clinical research study;
- A current certificate in Good Clinical Practice and Ethics.
If you are interested in the above position please email your CV and application cover letter to [email protected] Indicate the position and duty station you are applying for in the subject line.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Deadline: 11 June 2021 (4:30pm)