Research Nurse: Beitbridge :
- Full Time
A position has arisen within an international non-profit organization supporting our mission to improve the health of people and communities through innovation in Health Systems and Research; primarily focusing on research, support and implementing integrated approaches to managing TB and HIV.
Research Nurse: Beitbridge
Duties and Responsibilities
Your primary role will be to participate in:
1. Implementation of TB prevention treatment study for HIV positive participants in a public healthcare setting as follows:
• Perform TB screening and testing at the health facilities.
• Collect, store and report data appropriately as per the protocol.
2. Provide clinical services
• Obtain medical history and physical examination of patients
• Specimen collection for clinical investigation of study outcomes, assessing results and potential referral pathways including radiological examinations.
• Assist with ART initiation for newly identified positive clients
3. Research related activities
• Being responsible for the proper documentation of all study activities, performing data quality checks on collected data.
• Complete, compile and submit study case report forms (CRFs) and source documents timeously
• Ensure all records on participants are completed and accurately filed with strict adherence to documentation handling procedures, maintaining accurate study logs related to enrolment and other study activities.
• Report on daily/weekly activities to the Study Coordinator and meet stipulated enrolment and follow-up targets
• Complete any other activities as required by the protocol or the study.
Qualifications and Experience
COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS REQUIRED
• Registered General Nurse with at least 3 years’ experience working with staff in public healthcare facilities; Familiarity with research settings is a desirable trait
• Knowledge of HIV/TB diagnosis, treatment, and care issues as well as GCP/Ethics training
• Strong inter-personal communication and relationship building skills-demonstrated experience working with and building relationships with local stakeholders is an added advantage
• Knowledge and experience of Excel macros, Stata, GIS, and SPSS would be a significant advantage
How to Apply
This role will be based in Beitbridge with preference to applicants with fluency local languages (Shona, Ndebele, and Venda)
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their CV’s, a cover letter and proof of qualifications to the email address [email protected]
Closing date: 17 December 2021. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.