In as much as we take effort and due diligence to confirm the authenticity of the vacancies we post here for jobs in , at this moment, our methods are not fool proof. We urge you not to pay any money for any job offers. iHarare Jobs take no responsibility for any loss of financial value. Please be cautious!
Resource Development Finance Specialist
World Vision is a global Christian relief, development and advocacy organization dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. We are a community of close to 40,000 staff working across the world to help change the lives of vulnerable children. Our supporters, partners and staff join forces with communities on the ground to help children enjoy good health, be educated for life, experience the love of God and their neighbours and be cared for, protected and participating in addressing issues that affect their lives. World Vision has been active in Zimbabwe since 1973. Our operations are spread across 9 out of 10 provinces, with a majority of over 1.75 million beneficiaries in rural areas. Our current programs focus on improving the well-being of boys and girls in three priority sectors: health and nutrition, livelihoods and education. We also focus on child protection, gender and disabilities, emergency assistance and resilience-building as cross-cutting priorities across our programs.
World Vision Zimbabwe is committed to the safeguarding of staff, children and communities that we work with, preventing any type of unwanted behaviour at work, including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct. We are committed to promoting the welfare of children, youth, adults and individuals with whom World Vision engages with. World Vision expects all staff to share this commitment through our conduct and behaviour. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work with us. If you share the same vision and values, JOIN US and contribute to life in all its fullness for the children and communities we serve.
Position Title: Resource Development Finance Specialist
Location: National Office (Harare)
PURPOSE OF POSITION
The World Vision (WV) Zimbabwe Resource Development Finance Specialist is part of the Resource Development & Donor Engagement team, the major role is to prepare proposal budgets for grant opportunities and provide financial management support to grants.
1. Resource Acquisition and Grants Financial Planning
- Provide donor financial compliance and technical finance input in the development of grant designs and plans.
- Prepare, in collaboration with other cross-functional staff, grant budgets and narratives that support program designs, and are in line with the WVZ budgeting guidelines, specific donor guidelines and formats and Support Office recommendations for any identified grant opportunities for the Field Office.
- Provide financial technical advisory services and participate in go- or no-go decisions for different grant opportunities for the Field Office.
- Translate donor budgets to LEAP budget format (or any future standard budget that WVI may recommend), and post the full budget into the planned budgets screen of SunSystems and in Horizon for reporting, tracking and visibility purposes.
- Upload and monitor the PBAS commitments and Track all Grant funding activities with donors and Support Offices, to ensure timely PBAS commitments
- Support the Due Diligence processes of RDDE in on-boarding new Partners.
2. Financial Reporting
- Review coding on vouchers (journals and payments vouchers) for a valid account, cost centre, and donor combinations
- Design specific donor reports in Excel or other applications, and produce timely and accurate financial reports that meet the various donor reporting specifications and interpret the reports to Grant managers, officers and other internal stakeholders for any assigned grants.
- Analyse and reconcile donor reports, the Subsystems ledger and other WVZ internal reports, and address any variances and exceptions on a monthly basis.
- Perform strategic data analysis which assists management with decision making in managing the grants.
- Share the reports after internal reviews, with the Support Office and/or donors, depending on the grant funding structure, observing applicable donor reporting requirements.
3.Donor Compliance enforcement
- Provide donor compliance expertise to RDDE to ensure that the office comes up with bankable proposals.
- Inform the Finance Manager and Grant Managers, officers and key stakeholders of key grant contractual clauses, and ensure that all transactions and business processes do not violate those clauses.
- Provide technical advice on grants that are ongoing and assist the Grants Implementation team with tracking budgets
- Handover and capacity building of incoming grants staff to ensure that they are aware of compliance issues and donor guidelines
- Facilitate internal and external audits and donor compliance visits/assessments as may be required for assigned grants.
- For any assigned grants, monitor subgrantees, if any, and ensure that they meet all conditions of the subgrantee agreement and the general donor requirements, including timeliness of reports, quality of reports, sound business processes and adherence to own policies and procedures.
4. Management Accounting
- Design, produce and interpret management accounting reports that can be shared with local management for decision making and value addition to WV operations.
- Coordinate completion of reporting templates for grants for the office (e.g. Grants Dashboards, Grants Pipeline Analysis, Consolidated Grants Burn Rates and Grants Health Tracker etc), consolidated grants variance analysis reports and presentations and consolidation of financial reports as may be required for submission to the National Office and Regional Office.
- Design and implement a spending tracking system to make sure all expenses are within budget before signing any purchase requisition.
- Lead Field Financial Report (FFR) review meetings with Grant Leadership Teams and give advice of any deviations from planned spending, with recommendations for corrective actions to avert variances that are outside of the donor flexibility rules and advise on measures that help achieve cost efficiency and increase impact on vulnerable children and their communities.
- Review monthly balance sheet ledger reconciliations and follow up for timely clearance of any balance sheet reconciling items (for example, employee staff advances, banks, sub grantees, accruals, prepayments/deposits, receivables etc).
5. Leadership, Personnel and Capacity Building
- Set performance objectives with subordinates and manage their performance
- Identify capacity building needs for staff, and recommend necessary trainings or studies, whether self-funded or by WV, in line with existing policies.
- Conduct, and facilitate, grant financial management training for subordinates and non-finance staff to help develop the right capabilities and skills for excellent implementation of grants.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- A first degree in Accounting or Finance. A professional qualification such as ACCA or CIMA will be an advantage.
- Minimum of 3 years relevant experience in a grants finance role in an NGO environment.
- Experience developing budgets for key donors including ECHO, USAID, UNICEF, WFP, and FCDO.
- In-depth working knowledge of accounting software packages, especially SunSystems, Vision XL and Vision Executive.
- Excellent computer literacy skills, especially in MS Excel.
- In-depth working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and the WVI FFM.
- In-depth working knowledge of grant accounting.
- Knowledge of how to prepare, review, and present financial statements and financial reports.
- Good analytical skills.
- Ability to understand connections between financial and operational issues
NB: Shortlisting will be done as applications are received. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply
To apply click HERE