HEALTH PROMOTION OFFICER (2 POSITIONS)
SENIOR HEALTH PROMOTION OFFICER
KEY RESULT AREAS
- Establishes, manages and maintains a fully functional Health education, promotion and wellness unit at district level in Harare.
- Designs, produces and distributes information, education, and communication (IEC) materials on all health communication needs in the districts.
- Conducts operational research for problem prioritisation through carrying out routine social and epidemiological diagnosis to identify health education and promotion needs of individuals, organisations, and communities.
- Designs and implements strategies for the intergration of health education, promotion and wellness into all health programs (PMTCT, EPI, HIV/AIDS, TB, VIAC, MDA, SGBV, ASHR, MCH-FP, mental health, seasonal diseases and epidemics like cholera)
- Conducts advocacy meetings with staff, stakeholders, community opinion leaders and partners for the sake of gaining support, mobilisation of resources and utilisation of health services for disease prevention and control.
- Conducts and manages health education and promotion programs as well as perfoming any other duties as and when required.
- Compiles district monthly, quartely and annual reports for submission to supervisors
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Degree in Health Education and Health Promotion.
- Masters in Health Promotion/Public Health related post graduate qualification is an added advantage
- Registration certificate
- Valid practising certificate.
- At least 2 years as a Health Promotion Officer
- Excellent communication skills
- Professional attitude and appearance
- Attention to detail
- Good report writing skills
A competetive salary comensurate with the post and other benefits will be disclosed to successful candidates
Job Application Details
A competitive salary commensurate with the post and other benefits will be disclosed to successful candidates.
NB: City of Harare is an equal opportunities employer. A handwritten application letter together with a detailed curriculum vitae and certified copies of both educational and professional qualifications should be submitted to the:-
Acting Human Capital Director
P.0 Box 1680
Rowan Martin Building
Or hand deliver to Records Office, Basement, Room B32 — Rowan Martin BuildingTo arrive not later than 8th July 2020 (Clearly indicate on the envelope the position being applied for)
CANVASSING WILL DISQUALIFY APPLICANTS