Strategic Information and Evaluation Officer – COVID- GO :
- Full Time
JF Kapnek a registered PVO 1/86 which has been operating in Zimbabwe since 1986 whose mission is to improve family health, reduce child mortality and create educational opportunities for the children of Zimbabwe through the implementation of scalable, sustainable programs is seeking to fill the vacancies below:
Job Title : Strategic Information and Evaluation Officer – COVID- GO
Reporting to : SIE Manager
Location : Harare
The Strategic Information and Evaluation Officer - Covid-Go project is responsible for implementing health monitoring and evaluation systems for the Covid-GO! program and other JF Kapnek programs as necessary. The SIE Officer reports directly to the Strategic Information and Evaluation Manager and provides direct mentorship and supervisory support to the Covid-Go SIE assistant and project staff based in the districts. The SIE Officer supports the SIE Manager and Provincial Program Manager in providing information relevant to the supervision and performance management of the project staff at that level. The SIE Officer will be responsible for building the capacity of project staff, including interacting with M&E Officers of the TASQC program and Ministry of Health and Child Care (MOHCC) at various levels.
Duties and Responsibilities
Support the implementation of district SIE/M&E activities for COVID-GO project:
• Forge enduring relationships with the Provincial and District Health Executives to ensure easy access to health facilities and health facility data, and nurture a synergistic effort in implementing SIE activities for COVID vaccination and tracing program.
• Assist the DHE in adopting national COVID M&E guidelines, and standard best practices on data quality.
• Participate in strategic PHE/DHE meetings and share SIE/M&E updates, progress on data quality improvement activities and challenges that need the DHE’s attention
• Provide timely and accurate data dashboards to the P/DHE to support a data driven approach to resolving district level challenges affecting the COVID response
• Aggregate, validate and report all program weekly, monthly and quarterly data into TASQC and USAID databases.
• Work with the SIE Manager in the development of Performance Monitoring Plans (PMP) and cascade to partners in order to enhance quality strategic information in line with the national Covid-19 frameworks and USAID guidance;
• Assist in the conceptualization and development of all SIE systems to support and strengthen program implementation;
• Roll out and implementing the minimum package of Covid-Go SIE activities at facility level;
• Lead in the reporting and performing of data quality activities for all data reported in OPHID (DHIS2, Sharepoint, Google docs et cetera) and donor databases;
• Submit timely, accurate and quality data on all district.
• Works with the provincial and district Covid-Go coordinators
Data quality improvement and capacity building:
• Conduct data quality analysis to identify sites with data quality challenges, prioritize the sites based on priority indicators and conduct RDQAs at such sites
• Support sites to conduct data quality improvement activities
• Identify capacity building needs at site level, and train/mentor HCWs on SIE activities
• Train/mentor and build the capacity of HCWs on the minimum package of SIE activities.
Data analysis reporting and utilization:
• Support the district to intensify COVID-19 contact tracing
• Support JF Kapnek’s Community Health Workers in the provision of tele-support to clients in self-isolation
Qualifications and Experience
• Diploma / bachelor’s degree in public health, health sciences, operations research and M & E
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience and demonstrated practical skills in monitoring epidemic surveillance and response programmes;
• Demonstrate working knowledge of the HMIS, and experience of supporting MOHCC district/provincial/national level SIE/M&E;
• Competency in data analysis using Advanced Excel, SAS, SPSS, STATA, Epi-Info or any other data analysis software;
• Experience working with multiple stakeholders and familiarity with PEPFAR MER indicators and reporting requirements
How to Apply
How to apply
Submit your CV and application letter via email to: [email protected] clearly indicating the position you are applying for on the subject line.
JF Kapnek Trust has zero tolerance towards Sexual Harassment and is committed to the upholding of children’s rights. The successful candidate will be required to commit to child protection/safeguarding and to be bound by the JF Kapnek Child Protection Policy. JF Kapnek does not charge any fees during its entire recruitment process.
Deadline: 10 October 2021. Applications will be considered as they are received.