position Title : supply chain officer X 1
A vacancy has arisen in a growing brick making company. Applicants who are interested and possess relevant qualifications should apply to fill the position. Detailed CVs, certified copies of academic and professional qualifications should be posted to the email address below before the deadline, 21 st of May 2022.
Overall Purpose of the Role:
Purchase goods, materials and services to ensure that the company operational needs are met, considering price, quality and delivery and to ensure continuity of supply.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Purchase goods, materials, components or services in line with specified cost, quality and delivery targets.
2. Coordinate the purchasing function with other relevant departments and communicate any supply problems which may impact on business operations.
3. Act as an interface between suppliers and other relevant departments on purchasing processes and new projects and activities.
4. Monitor market trends and market suppliers.
5. Provide analysis on costs, new and existing and review cost reduction activities.
6. Prepare reports and updates as and when required.
7. Adhere to any health, safety and environmental policies and procedures to ensure the safety and wellbeing of self, staff and visitors.
8. Negotiate contracts, improve prices and terms of business with suppliers and review opportunities to make business savings utilizing negotiation and procurement best practice tools and methods.
9. Prepare and raise purchase orders and order schedules.
10. Build, maintain and manage supplier relationships and keep up good communications.
11. Ensure that a professional and consistent approach is taken in relation to all supplier relationships.
12. Ensure compliance to company guidelines, purchasing policies and procedures regarding guidance during supplier negotiations and contracts award process.
13. Conduct research for new components and suppliers.
14. Compile data relating to supplier performance to enable evaluation.
15. Assess and evaluate suppliers and contribute to performance reviews to ensure contract compliance.
16. Contact suppliers to resolve price, quality, delivery or invoice issues.
1. Comply with the Health, Safety and Environmental Policies.
2. Assertive, resilient and welcomes change.
3. Engages interest and participation of others and has a collaborative approach to working together.
4. Proactively contributes to the team.
5. Actively committed to teams’ development.
6. Is self-aware and optimistic.
7. Shows moral courage, openness and honesty in all dealings.
Skills and Attributes:
1. Able to build and maintain effective and productive relationships with staff, stakeholders and suppliers.
2. Good communication, negotiation, interpersonal and influencing skills.
3. Analytical, numerically astute with strong demonstrated problem-solving abilities.
4. Able to manage time effectively, prioritize tasks and achieve set targets.
5. Commercial and financial awareness with a full understanding of how failure impacts the production, manufacture and customer order fulfilment.
6. Able to work well under pressure and handle emergency and stressful situations.
7. Keen attention to detail and accuracy.
1. Five “O” Level passes, including English, Maths and Science. “A” Level is an added advantage.
2. Procurement & Supply Chain degree, Higher National Diploma or equivalent.
3. Good knowledge of purchasing, negotiation, commercial understanding and cost breakdown.
4. Experience in working closely with suppliers.
5. Able to add value, reduce costs and input to business improvements.
6. Computer literate, with advanced excel skills/abilities.
7. Three (3) years and above work experience in a similar position with a formal organization.
The deadline for submission of applications accompanied with detailed CVs and certified copies of academic and professional qualifications is 21st of May 2022.
NB. Only shortlisted applicants will be notified to attend interviews.
Please send to the following: