The Union Zimbabwe Trust (UZT) supports the national TB-HIV response in Zimbabwe largely through funding from the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) and the Global Fund to Fight AIDS TB and malaria. The position of The Technical Director has arisen within UZT.
The Technical Director shall work under the overall direction of the Executive Director in consultation with the Deputy Director, AIDS and TB Program in the Ministry of Health and Child Care (MoHCC). On administrative issues, the incumbent shall work closely with the UZT Senior Administrator.
Duties and responsibilities
- The Technical Director will be responsible for organizational technical oversight for different grants with a focus on TB control.
- He / She must have experience in supervising technical experts, project planning/reporting, ensuring implementation fidelity, and technical stewardship.
Qualifications, skills, and experience
- A medical doctor with a master’s degree or higher in public health or related field;
- A minimum of 5 years of progressive professional-level experience managing public health delivery programs;
- Familiarity with USAID project management is an added advantage; Understanding of and sensitivity to the major issues related to TB, DR-TB, TB-HIV and other key determinants of TB in the Zimbabwean context; Demonstrable understanding of programs and organizational aspects of major international donors, organizations, foundations and private sector organizations that support TB and other public health planning and management.
An application letter and a curriculum vitae should be sent to the following email address [email protected] no later than Tuesday the 29th of March 2022.