Technical Director :
- Full Time
Established in 1987, Population Services Zimbabwe (PSZ) is an affiliate of MSI Reproductive Choices, and is one of the largest specialised Sexual and Reproductive Health (SRH) organisations in Zimbabwe. PSZ complements the Ministry of Health and Child Care in the provision of quality, and affordable general health and SRH services in all provinces of Zimbabwe.
PSZ is seeking qualified personnel for an anticipated 5-year USAID-funded family planning activity in Zimbabwe.?The goal of the activity is to contribute to the reduction of maternal mortality and morbidity through increased access to comprehensive, voluntary family planning (FP) services to poor and underserved populations in Zimbabwe. PSZ is seeking outstanding candidates for the following positions:
The Technical Director will be responsible for the overall technical oversight of the project, including leading technical teams, work planning, and reporting. The Technical Director reports directly to the COP and will take a leadership role in ensuring technical implementation of high impact, proven interventions and ensuring the project meets stated goals. They will assume the responsibilities of the COP in the absence of the COP. They will coordinate among USAID and key stakeholders and other implementing partners and will interact with numerous Government of Zimbabwe (GoZ) institutions and representatives.
Duties and Responsibilities
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following among other duties:
• Support the Chief of Party to provide technical direction and supervision for all program activities and interventions to ensure integration, coordination, and collaboration across all result areas.
• Ensure that project objectives, outcomes, and deliverables are met and that reporting requirements of the donor are followed.
• Ensure quality activity implementation and employ use of project M&E tools and ensure compliance with donor requirements.
• Promote sustainability of project activities through effective networking, linkages to other programs, capacity building of project staff, and institutional strengthening of partners.
• Provide operational, technical, programmatic, financial, and management guidance and support for project activities; identify, consider and resolve issues or problems.
• Oversee and ensure efficient monitoring of subcontracts and grants to partners.
• In the absence of the COP, represent the project to USAID, the government of Zimbabwe, project partners, and other stakeholders.
Qualifications and Experience
To succeed in this role, you must have:
• Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery Degrees (MBChB)
• A Master’s degree or higher in public health, medicine, management, or social sciences or related field.
• Seven (7) years’ experience managing at a similar level or senior technical advisor level in donor funded programs of similar scope in Zimbabwe or a developing country. Demonstrated capacity to provide management oversight to large complex programs.
• At least 10 years’ experience working in family planning and sexual and reproductive health, including recent experience and in-depth understanding of the major issues affecting FP in Zimbabwe.
• Demonstrated knowledge and experience of USAID or other donor planning and reporting systems, operations, programming, structure, and sub-award compliance.
• A proven track record of building teams and fostering collaboration in order to achieve goals, meet milestones, and produce high quality project deliverables on time, and on budget.
• Demonstrated expertise in developing partnerships with local government, donors, multilateral organizations, academia, private sector, and local community, preferably in Zimbabwe.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills in English, Shona, and Ndebele.
How to Apply
Applications, should quote job applied for – “Technical Director” - in the email subject field, and should include a cover letter and a curriculum vitae with three (3) referees. Closing Date 19 August 2022. Emails to:
This application is open only to Zimbabwean nationals or permanent residents with work permits. All positions are contingent upon funding to PSZ and approval by USAID.
Early applications are encouraged as shortlisting and interviews will be on a rolling basis
Only shortlisted applicants being considered for interview will be contacted.
PSZ is an equal opportunity employer promoting gender, equity and diversity. Our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of vulnerable persons and safeguarding employees and communities from sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse. PSZ does not solicit for payments in any form at any stage of the recruitment process.
The successful candidate will undergo relevant background checks and will be required to commit in writing to comply with the MSI safeguarding guidelines.
We provide a wide range of high quality, affordable and client-centred services and information to women, men and young people through a network of 10 centres, more than 60 BlueStar social franchis...