JF Kapnek a registered PVO 1/86 which has been operating in Zimbabwe since 1986 whose mission is to improve family health, reduce child mortality and create educational opportunities for the children of Zimbabwe through the implementation of scalable, sustainable programs. JF Kapnek is recruiting for the following positions for an upcoming USAID funded project: Sustaining Care and Support Services for Orphans and Vulnerable Children (OVC) and their Caregivers in an HIV Epidemic in Zimbabwe expected to start in October 2022.
Job Title: Technical Director
Reporting to: Chief Of Party
Reporting to the Chief of Party, the Technical Director will provide technical leadership and managerial oversight of the project implementation, including supervision and coordination of project staff and partners and collaboration with government and other organizations and stakeholders, to ensure effective service delivery to OVC program. The selection of the applicant is subject to USAID approval.
Duties And Responsibilities
• Provide technical leadership and direction to the project in alignment with PEPFAR Technical Guidelines and Zimbabwe’s COP, project objectives, technical standards and best practices, and global evidence.
• Strategize and lead programming efforts to improve comprehensive service delivery to OVC, ensuring program quality and responsiveness to emerging needs.
• Provide technical supervision and oversight of program implementation in target districts in coordination with consortium partners and key stakeholders.
• Liaise with government, NGO and private sector partners and stakeholders in the interest of the project.
• Keep abreast of research and policy developments to inform program strategy; Develop high-quality technical reports and deliverables for timely submission to USAID.
• Participate in sound overall management of project implementation, in coordination with other senior team members (e.g Finance and Operations Director, SIE Specialist) and leadership, and to ensure project compliance with donor requirements, policies, and regulations, including for child safeguarding.
Qualifications And Experience
• Master’s Degree or higher in international development, public health, business administration, social sciences, or a closely related field.
• 10+ years of experience designing, implementing and managing large-scale projects involving multiple partners, preferably in Zimbabwe, of which at least 5 years has been spent in a senior management role.
• Experience with OVC, child protection / welfare, HIV prevention programming, systems strengthening, capacity building, economic strengthening, quality improvement, or policy development.
• Excellent leadership qualities, in-depth technical and management expertise, with demonstrated credibility as a program leader and manager, preferably on USAID-funded projects.
• Experience interacting with government agencies and officials and international donor agencies.
• Excellent writing and oral presentation skills in English; additional languages such as Shona or Ndebele is a plus.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
• Management experience with US Government cooperative agreements, grants, or contracts.
• Zimbabwean nationals strongly encouraged to apply.
- Job Application Details How to apply Submit your application via this link https://jfkapnektrust.zohorecruit.com/jobs/Careers JF Kapnek Trust has zero tolerance towards Sexual Harassment and is committed to the upholding of children’s rights. The successful candidate will be required to commit to child protection/safeguarding and to be bound by the JF Kapnek Child Protection Policy. JF Kapnek does not charge any fees during its entire recruitment process. Deadline:. 14 April 2022 Applications will be considered as they are receive