TECHNICAL SUPPORT ENGINEER BASED IN BEITBRIDGE
JOB ADVERT - TECHNICAL SUPPORT ENGINEER BASED IN BEITBRIDGE
We're looking for a results-oriented Technological Support Engineer to install and maintain our Beitbridge technical infrastructure, which includes IT hardware and tolling infrastructure.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Monitor all booms and ensure they are online and are correctly clipped
• Check and make sure all booms are locked as well as the distribution boards
• Making sure the ANPR are reading, and cameras are working
• Make sure the DC air-cons in the DCs have the right temperature
• Check outdoor LED screens are working well
• Ensuring all electrical cabling is in place and no hazardous connections on all equipment
• Attending to open and unresolved issues from the ticketing system.
• Ensuring security of the DCs by making sure they are always locked.
• Installation of network Wired and wireless devices
• Install and deploy system hardware and software according to procedure and SOPs.
• Offer Second Line Support to Call Centre and provide training where necessary.
• Performs daily system monitoring of all live software and hardware and reacts accordingly
• Applies software updates to internal systems and maintain patching levels for software and hardware.
• Troubleshoots, resolves and or escalates software and hardware problems to IT Support and Site Manager.
• Perform installations or support adhering to Health and Safety procedure.
• Supervising third party contractors and the work of Graduate Trainees.
• Any other related duties as assigned by the Manager
EDUCATION, PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS AND WORK EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s degree in Mechatronics, Electronics or Robotics.
• Previous work experience as a technical support engineer
• In-depth knowledge of hardware and networking systems.
• Knowledge of operating systems, web services, and API.
• Knowledge of remote access systems such as TeamViewer.
• Ability to troubleshoot complex software and hardware issues.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Critical thinker.
• Good interpersonal skills.
[email protected] Only those who are selected for an interview will be notified. On or before 6 June 2022, qualified, experienced, and interested applicants should send their CVs to