The Registrar will be responsible to the Vice Chancellor and the Institute Board for the overall administration of the Institute, management ofacademic and non-academic support services.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Advising and assisting the Vice Chancellor, Board, Senate and other Committees of the university on matters related to corporate governance and interpretation of University Statutes and Ordinances
- Provide secretariat services to the Institute Board and Senate
- Formulate policies, rules and regulations which enhance the Institute’s capacity to discharge its responsibilitiesasa national institution of higher learning.
- Play a major advisory role to the Vice Chancellor. Chairperson of the Board and the main standing ad-hoc Committees of the Institute in respect of a variety of its activities and functions.
- Assisting the Institute management and structures to maintain a good image of the University.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Vice Chancellor
Qualifications and Experience
- A relevant Masters Degree;
- Have at least ten (10) years’experience at senior management level, preferably in a public sector organisation;
- Experience in a University setting would be a distinct advantage;
- Be highly competent in relevant Information Management Systems.
Attributes and skills
- Be self-motivated, dedicated and highly responsible, with a demonstrable ability to communicate readily aid effectively at all levels with a wide variety of people of different backgrounds, ages and beliefs, both within and outside the University;
- Good management and human relations skills;
- Be a highly credible and mature person.
Conditions of Service
The University is offering a competitive remuneration package which includes, contributory pension and medical aid schemes, and attractive leave conditions. This post is a performance based four year contract which is renewable subject to University policies.
Job Application Details
Application letters, certified copies of certificates and C.Vs giving full personal details including full names, place and date of birth, qualifications, experience, date of availability and names of at least three (3) referees should be should be addressed to:
The Institute Board Chairman
C/o Deputy Registrar, Human Resources and Administration
Harare Institute of Technology
P.O Box BE277
and uploaded on: http:/vww/hit.ac.zw/vacancies/
.NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Closing date for receipt of applications is 19 February 2021.
Harare Institute of technology is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Please say that you got this job advertisement through Jobs Zimbabwe