Purpose of Job
To perform safe male circumcision (both surgical and device) by utilizing professional fine surgical skills, giving adequate counselling, coordinating activities with other team players and stakeholders.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Conducts aseptic procedure at the operation site, administers local anaesthesia and performs the surgical
cutting of the foreskin using the specific technique according to WHO standards.
• Uses diathermy or ligation to achieve haemostasis, performs surgical suture on wounds according to surgical standards.
• Conducts scheduled and unscheduled reviews of circumcised client and administers post-operative analgesia.
• Collects social, medical, family history of client. Conducts vital observations, performs physical examinations of client, and obtains an informed consent and decides if client is eligible for chosen method.
• Conducts screening and treatment of STIs, identifies urological deformities and refer for specialist attention.
• Performs WHO clinical staging on HIV positive clients, integrates clients into the PSI/Z network of services and Identifies and refers all other medical conditions to various clinicians.
• Performs standard QC (quality checks) daily, offers pre-test and post-test counselling.
• Performs the HIV test using approved algorithm by MoHCC, issues results in a professional manner and refers and links to care and treatment.
• Ensures safety of clients before, during and after the circumcision procedure and ensures a high level of emergency preparedness is in place at workstation.
• Ensures that right drug, right route, right dose is given to client.
• Explains, demonstrates male circumcision procedure in detail, proper condom use and its benefits.
• Manages all adverse events following the adverse event treatment guidelines and refers for management.
• Educates on wound care and provides information on FP services and VIAC services Encourages a culture of health seeking behavior amongst men.
• Sensitizes the organizations’, the public on the VMMC program and integrated services.
• Plans and implement scheduled VMMC sensitization meetings.
• Conducts outreach activities targeting workplace, schools, churches, vulnerable population places of social gatherings, participates in events with other stakeholders.
• Implements, monitors, and evaluates the impact of each activity.
Qualifications and Experience
What are we looking for?
• Diploma in Nursing.
• Trained Midwife or Theatre Nurse with at least three years’ experience.
• Qualified and experienced in HIV related counselling for at least three years.
• Certified and experienced in HIV rapid testing.
• Registered with the Nurses Council of Zimbabwe with valid practicing certificate.
How to Apply
In return, PSI/Z offers competitive remuneration, commensurate with qualifications and experience. PSI is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of gender identity or expression, race, religion, national origin, or disability.
Detailed CV and a Cover Letter clearly highlighting the job title on the subject line should be sent not later than June 07, 2021, to [email protected]
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.