Who We Are?
With over 20 years of experience, PSI/Zimbabwe now registered as Population Solutions for Health is looking for candidates who hold the requisite qualifications and experience to apply for the positions below.
Job exists to perform safe male circumcision (both surgical and device), giving adequate counselling, coordinating activities with other team players and stakeholders.
Duties and Responsibilities
Your Contribution – Key Responsibilities
• Conducts aseptic procedure at the operation site, administers local anaesthesia and performs the surgical cutting of the foreskin using the specific technique according to WHO standards.
• Uses diathermy or ligation to achieve haemostasis, performs surgical suture on wounds according to surgical standards.
• Conducts scheduled and unscheduled reviews of circumcised client and administers post-operative analgesia.
• Collects social, medical, family history of client. Conducts vital observations, performs physical examinations of client, and obtains an informed consent and decides if client is eligible for chosen method.
• Conducts screening and treatment of STIs, identifies urological deformities and refer for specialist attention.
• Performs WHO clinical staging on HIV positive clients, integrates clients into the PSH/Z network of services and identifies and refers all other medical conditions to various clinicians.
• Performs standard QC (quality checks) daily, offers pre-test and post-test counselling.
• Performs the HIV test using approved algorithm by MoHCC, issues results in a professional manner and refers and links to care and treatment.
• Ensures safety of clients before, during and after the circumcision procedure and ensures a high level of emergency preparedness is in place at workstation.
• Explains, demonstrates male circumcision procedure in detail, proper condom use and its benefits.
• Manages all adverse events following the adverse event treatment guidelines and refers for management.
• Educates on wound care and provides information on FP services and VIAC services and encourages a culture of health seeking behaviour amongst men.
• Sensitizes the organizations’, the public on the VMMC program and integrated services.
• Plans and implement scheduled VMMC sensitization meetings.
• Conducts outreach activities targeting workplace, schools, churches, vulnerable population places of social gatherings, participates in events with other stakeholders.
• Implements, monitors, and evaluates the impact of each activity.
Qualifications and Experience
What Are We Looking For?
• Diploma in Nursing.
• Trained Midwife or Theatre Nurse with at least three years’ working experience.
• Qualified and experienced in HIV related counselling for at least three years.
• Certified and experienced in VMMC.
• Registered with the Nurses Council of Zimbabwe with valid practicing certificate.
• Strong interpersonal communication skills
How to Apply
How to apply?
In return, PSH offers competitive remuneration, commensurate with qualifications and experience. PSH is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of gender identity or expression, race, religion, national origin or disability.
All interested candidates are encouraged to submit their updated CVs to [email protected] not later than September 7, 2021.
Please note that applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.