- Full Time
A leading manufacturer of medical, hospital, office and school furniture is looking for a mature workshop supervisor who will be in charge of the day to day smooth running of our production.
Duties and Responsibilities
Supervision / Leadership - Provide direct and indirect supervision and leadership to any or all of workshop staff. Supervising and delegating tasks to workshop staff for all orders received.
Monitoring the day to day safe and efficient running of the workshop. Planning and monitoring all the work within the workshop.
Ensure a clean and safe working environment for all employees, emphasizing prevention of potential problems and hazardous conditions. Maintaining safe working practices-ensuring that health and safety regulations/standards are met
Maintaining the workshop, equipment, tools, vehicles, for the purpose of ensuring the availability and functioning of required items
- Providing staff with technical guidance and assistance across all processes in the workshop
-Determining the bill of quantities for all job orders received based on the job card.
- Work closely with the Administrator to prepare Material Requisition Forms checking with stock. Notify management and admin of any low stock levels in a report.
- Developing budgets for the purchase of materials, fixings and fastenings and machine tools to ensure the smooth progression of projects through the workshop.
- Responsible for the quality of the work carried out and performs incoming and outgoing inspection on all parts and assemblies or delegates that work
- Refuse acceptance of damaged, unacceptable, or incorrect items without a proper report from the person responsible.
-Managing the stock levels for all materials, fixings and tools-maintaining a database of all the materials purchased and used
- Organizing the repair and routine maintenance of production equipment
-During busy periods, they can also assist with manufacturing tasks
-Compiling and submitting progress reports for all orders received, relaying productivity concerns
- Scheduling meetings and team building sessions as required
NB// Any other duties that may be assigned to you from time to time by management.
Qualifications and Experience
Mature and honest person
-Able to read drawings
-Thorough understanding of and experience with machining and fitting techniques.
-Previous supervisory, sheet metal and welding experience preferred
-Thorough understanding and experience with specialized coatings and painting.
-Good interpersonal and organizational skills with ability to motivate people.
-Proven record of ability to manage time and work to strict deadlines
- Ability to make critical decisions under pressure, while maintaining the safety and well-being of the staff you are responsible for.
NB// Those with experience working for a medical, school or office furniture manufacturing company will be at an added advantage.
How to Apply
Send your application letter together with your detailed CV to the following email address: [email protected]
Due date :05 June 2022.Late Applications will not be considered