Assistant buyer (Repost) :
- Full Time
We are looking for a passionate assistant buyer to support our purchasing department with the selection and procurement of products. The assistant buyer's responsibilities include maintaining positive supplier relations, preparing retail and pricing strategies, placing and tracking purchase orders, managing inventory and keeping track of market trends.
To be successful as an assistant buyer, you should be confident, highly organized and an excellent communicator.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assistant Buyer Responsibilities:
- Assisting the buyer with the selection of the right product mix.
- Writing, placing and tracking purchase orders.
- Ensuring products are purchased at the right time, to specification and at a good price.
- Negotiating with vendors and building positive, long-term relationships.
- Researching new suppliers and making recommendations to the buyer.
- Preparing competitive retail and pricing strategies.
- Planning, monitoring and maintaining suitable inventory levels.
- Preparing budgets and forecasting purchasing trends.
- Compiling reports on product performance and statistics.
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree in Supply Chain Management, Purchasing & Supply or related field preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Ability to multi-task and perform under pressure.
- Experience with merchandising software systems is a plus.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
How to Apply
Interested candidates to forward their Cvs to [email protected] on or before the 7th of October 2021 or alternatively WhatsApp 0719532551