In as much as we take effort and due diligence to confirm the authenticity of the vacancies we post here for jobs in , at this moment, our methods are not fool proof. We urge you not to pay any money for any job offers. iHarare Jobs take no responsibility for any loss of financial value. Please be cautious!
CALL FOR VOLUNTEERS - Voluntary Service for Climate Justice-01 -7 August 2021 Our planet and the beings who reside here and make up the complex, whole, living system on which all life depends are under serious threat. Life functions are being threatened by exploitation, short term thinking, a rapidly urbanised, globalised and industrialised worldview that values economic and financial growth over all other forms of life and living systems.
- The complex, interconnected systems through which life on our planet has been able to flourish and grow over millennia have been misunderstood, misrepresented and ill-treated for too long.
- We, as humans, have attempted to detach ourselves from the web of life.
- We have created a hierarchical worldview and placed our species at the top, instead of playing an integrated part in its life processes.
- This attitude and behaviour is destroying our planet´s ecosystems, creating desertification, malnutrition, hunger, species-loss and other dangerous and destructive effects that will be felt for generations to come. This anthropocentric worldview and entitled behaviour need to transform now.
- There is still a window of possibility to transform our governance systems, shift the economic priorities, by placing our focus on restoring the Earth and the systems we depend on for life.
- Brief ZWA Background Zimbabwe Workcamps Association (ZWA) is a youth volunteer organization founded in October 1993, registered with the Zimbabwe Youth Council.
- It is a non-political, non-sectarian, non-religious, voluntary organization.
- Its membership is open to anyone above the age of sixteen years irrespective of nationality, gender, race, religion, political view or educational qualification.
- Zimbabwe Workcamps Association employs international voluntary services as a double aged sword namely education and community development.
- ZWA’s Fundamental Principles Volunteerism is an effective way of providing alternative education and training opportunities to people.
- Participation in volunteer project allows people to broaden their horizons, to familiarize themselves with different social and cultural environment, and develop self-esteem.
- They will be able to put their energy, enthusiasm and creativity to good use by participating in practical activities which they have a say in defining.
- They will learn about taking responsibility and working in a team.
- The other basic fundamental principle is the contribution made by volunteers at grassroots level.
- Projects with strong local roots provide the best opportunity to integrate volunteers into host community.
- This usually increases the educational value of experience for the volunteer and the host community; in this regard volunteerism has tangible impacts to all stakeholders involved. Project Overview ZWA in close cooperation with Participatory Organic Research Extension Training (PORET) are organising a one-week volunteer project at PORET.
- The primary objective of this national volunteer project is to mitigate the harmful impacts of climate change. The work will involve varying activities which shall be spread across one week.
- This will include but limited to environmental work around, making water harvesting dams, Bio fertiliser (Bokashi) and reafforestation programs as well as working with people in their respective communities around Chaseyama village.
- The program requires a willing workforce of volunteers on the ground to help and facilitate the wonderful activities. These are highly participatory and exciting activities which will empower volunteers and communities in a remarkable manner.
- Expectations from Projects The will project take place at a very humble village (Chaseyama in Chimanimani District). This project is not that difficult at all, what is only needed is flexibility, positive mentally attitude as well as openness to new culture, new experience.
- The secret remedy to, make the most of your time while volunteering with ZWA is to adapt to the local environment. It important to highlight that each and every project is unique.
- It is critical to mention that volunteers should make the most of their time with the community they serve, since this is a chance of a life time, to work and live with people in their respective communities, just like them. Accommodation Food All volunteers are accommodated at PORET.
- Basic meals will be provided from what is locally available in the local community. Volunteers are therefore advised to be flexible and open minded.
- This will make it easy for them to negotiate their entry in to the community.